• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

'Hats off' pub tells 82-year-old

Status
Not open for further replies.

jd

BBC News said:
An 82-year-old Women's Institute stalwart has been asked to remove her hat in a pub - because staff claimed it was a security risk.

Retired teacher Betty Wilbraham was told by staff at The Hereward in Ely, Cambs, that its CCTV camera would not be able to see her face clearly enough.

Mrs Wilbraham said it was "ridiculous" to be asked to remove her hat.
Clicky Clicky

It's a really silly thing to post, but I had to have my say. I don't know what this silly old woman is going on about, the reasoning for asking her to remove the hat seems perfectly acceptable to me. However, more to the point, I was always under the impression that it was good manners to always remove your hat when going indoors anyway...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Its bad manners for a male to wear a hat indoors but not a woman, stupid really wats a hat gonna do to a male that it wont to a female they both make your head shrink :P

Status
Not open for further replies.