• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Haunted Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

MG11

I've just had a spooky early morning read of an old thread about hauntings on the railway. It got me thinking specifically about haunted trains. I am a carriage cleaner at heritage railway and in some coaches, I often get a feeling of being watched, for some reason I sense the presence of a child. I know many forumers may be skeptical/in disbelif of ghosts but that has already been done to death in the old thread.

Some people mentioned the Class 91 Unit that was involved in both the Potter's Bar and Great Heck crash. For those who beleive in ghosts, then surely this vehicle must hold some hauntings, considering the tragedies that occured on it.

What has always sticken me as odd is this picture of a Voyager after it hit and killed a man at a place called Copmanthorpe, which is to the South West of York. The front of the train has what appears to be an orb (terminology learnt from a childhood spent watching Yvette Fielding hunting ghosts) at the front of the train, right at the impact point. http://copmanthorpe.org.uk/transport/de-rail.htm It could well be a trick of the light, or perhaps the photo is a scan of a printed image which has been stained, but nethertheless, it does give me chills, given as I said, that it is right at the point of contact between the train and the car. What does everyone else think?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sprinterguy

Established Member
Some people mentioned the Class 91 Unit that was involved in both the Potter's Bar and Great Heck crash. For those who beleive in ghosts, then surely this vehicle must hold some hauntings, considering the tragedies that occured on it.
No tragedies occurred on the loco itself: It was unscathed in both accidents, and furthermore unoccupied in the Great Heck crash as it was on the rear of the train.
What has always sticken me as odd is this picture of a Voyager after it hit and killed a man at a place called Copmanthorpe, which is to the South West of York. The front of the train has what appears to be an orb (terminology learnt from a childhood spent watching Yvette Fielding hunting ghosts) at the front of the train, right at the impact point. http://copmanthorpe.org.uk/transport/de-rail.htm It could well be a trick of the light, or perhaps the photo is a scan of a printed image which has been stained, but nethertheless, it does give me chills, given as I said, that it is right at the point of contact between the train and the car. What does everyone else think?
Based on the moisture on the grass I'd say it was raining - looks like raindrops on the lens to me.

delt1c

Established Member
Any journey of over 30 mins on a 105 used to haunt me

delt1c

Established Member
I'm afraid I had to Google what a 105 is! :oops:
Red eyes from exhaust and heater fumes inside the unit, luggage racks and fittings trying to shake themselves to bits, bouncing around on the seats like a trampoline and that was just in the station waiting to depart.

Status
Not open for further replies.