• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Have a Nice Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatwickDepress

Established Member
In my local Tesco, any change involving pence seems to be 5ps and 1ps only - they must load the machines this way, unless everyone is paying them this way!
It's the way the machine calculates change. 5ps and 1ps are least commonly used by customers so they remain full while the other coin dispensers empty quicker. The machine priorities balancing the coin dispensers, which is why you commonly get 2 20ps and 2 5ps instead of a 50p coin.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

backontrack

Established Member
It's the way the machine calculates change. 5ps and 1ps are least commonly used by customers so they remain full while the other coin dispensers empty quicker. The machine priorities balancing the coin dispensers, which is why you commonly get 2 20ps and 2 5ps instead of a 50p coin.

Off-topic, but thanks! I didn't know that, and that's actually quite interesting.

backontrack

Established Member
One thing is pretty clear looking at this and other threads and that is quite a few posters have no social skills, are not friendly, and enjoy being miserable.
It's OK John, we're comfortable with who you are.

That might not be the case, after all your not looking to provide good customer service on here, and if you don't like someone's comments you can not openly slag them off on here, but you could adopt a more unfriendly and contentious tone like I frequently do<D
Whereas I respond to this outlook with optimism and gentle good humour. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.