• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Have Blackpool Transport placed an order to replace their single deckers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOL The Irony

On Moderation
I was just wondering if any order has been placed to replace the Solos, Centros & Eclipses that they have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dentonian

Established Member
I was just wondering if any order has been placed to replace the Solo's, Centro's & Eclipse's that they have.

Buses mag states 18 "midibuses" are to be ordered for October 2018 delivery. These will replace the remaining Solos. 34 more E400 City's had already been ordered for delivery over the next 2-3 years, and the latter order may replace the Eclipses as well as Tridents/DB250s. The Centros are only 7 years old, so I don't think they will need replacing for some considerable time, given BTS's record for keeping buses in good knick for longer than other Ops might.

Volvodart

Established Member
This weeks Coach & Bus week has a feature on Blackpool Transport and says 18 Enviro200 MMCs are due by the summer.

randyrippley

Established Member
well.......come the summer, assuming the rail electrification overruns (as all rail projects do in this country) Blackpool Transport is going to need every bus it can lay its hands on: a good proportion of the current fleet are on rail replacement services, and it can only get busier as time progresses

Andyh82

Established Member
well.......come the summer, assuming the rail electrification overruns (as all rail projects do in this country) Blackpool Transport is going to need every bus it can lay its hands on: a good proportion of the current fleet are on rail replacement services, and it can only get busier as time progresses
Why? If the new e400cities are still tied up with rail replacement, they just won't withdraw the buses they are replacing until they aren't tied up.

Established Member
Buses mag states 18 "midibuses" are to be ordered for October 2018 delivery. These will replace the remaining Solos. 34 more E400 City's had already been ordered for delivery over the next 2-3 years, and the latter order may replace the Eclipses as well as Tridents/DB250s. The Centros are only 7 years old, so I don't think they will need replacing for some considerable time, given BTS's record for keeping buses in good knick for longer than other Ops might.

The ex-Anglian Volvo B7RLEs will be replaced as well as the Trident IIs and DAF DB250s, although I expect they won't be disposed of until the latter order for Enviro400 Citys is delivered, considering they are newer than the majority of the Trident IIs.

The plan is for the following fleet from 2020:
- 89x Enviro400 Citys;
- 18x Enviro200s;
- 10x Mercedes-Benz Citaro C2s;
- 9x Volvo B7RLE (Plaxton)s.

Total: 126.

F262YTJ

What about the sizable fleet of Optare Solos? Is that what the E200s are replacing?

Status
Not open for further replies.