• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Have EMT acquired additional stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark_H

I wonder if anyone can help me answer a question. I have been told that "additional rolling stock has been added to EMT's services" with no further details. Does anyone know of any recent acquisitions by EMT, or can point me towards a decent information source to find out?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

YorkshireBear

Established Member
I wonder if anyone can help me answer a question. I have been told that "additional rolling stock has been added to EMT's services" with no further details. Does anyone know of any recent acquisitions by EMT, or can point me towards a decent information source to find out?

Recently (about a year i think) they received 4 class 156 units from Northern Rail to allow Liverpool Nottingham to become very close to 4-car all the time. Other than that no they haven't.

pemma

Veteran Member
EMT have also been doing refurbishment programs with their Sprinter trains. If they've finished then it will be equivalent to a couple of extra trains to have to put in use.

YorkshireBear

Established Member
EMT have also been doing refurbishment programs with their Sprinter trains. If they've finished then it will be equivalent to a couple of extra trains to have to put in use.

I believe that is scheduled for completion in 2014, that is when all Norwich Liverpool services become 4 car at the moment there are a few that are not.

I believe that is scheduled for completion in 2014, that is when all Norwich Liverpool services become 4 car at the moment there are a few that are not.

It was completed in December 2012 - most Nottingham to Liverpool services are now 4 car.

Lewisham2221

Established Member
Are the EMT 158's due to have further work done to them? I travelled on one on Friday evening (on a Derby-Crewe service, a very welcome sight!) and there was a notice in the toilet apologising for it's condition and suggesting that it was due a refurb/replacement.

WillPS

Established Member
Recently (about a year i think) they received 4 class 156 units from Northern Rail to allow Liverpool Nottingham to become very close to 4-car all the time. Other than that no they haven't.

They also received 3 153s from Northern in December 2008 and the 4 Pioneer 222s from Hull Trains.

On the flip side, they lost their 8-ish 158 centre-cars in 2008 (all to Northern) and an HST set in 2011 (to East Coast).

AlexS

Established Member
Are the EMT 158's due to have further work done to them? I travelled on one on Friday evening (on a Derby-Crewe service, a very welcome sight!) and there was a notice in the toilet apologising for it's condition and suggesting that it was due a refurb/replacement.

Yeah, I believe the toilets are being completely replaced as the overhaul is considered to have failed in that regard, with stainless steel or similar fittings. I think they're about the single biggest fleet related complaint.

Yew

Established Member
Yeah, I believe the toilets are being completely replaced as the overhaul is considered to have failed in that regard, with stainless steel or similar fittings. I think they're about the single biggest fleet related complaint.

I'll agree there, the toilets on them arent great compared to the rest of the train

Status
Not open for further replies.