• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Have fares for ALRs , other Rover tickets ,etc gone up today 2/1/2019 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
GA are known to be struggling financially, so I'm not surprised that they are raising prices on an unregulated fare by nearly ten times the rate of inflation in this way. It's of course a shame that they are doing it, but ultimately I would have thought they will have good reasons for doing it. Perhaps their analyses/predictions show that the majority of rover buyers would still buy them at the higher price, and hence they can increase the price without losing too many buyers.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
GA are known to be struggling financially, so I'm not surprised that they are raising prices on an unregulated fare by nearly ten times the rate of inflation in this way.

This is why we should be very concerned about any attempts to get rid of fares regulation.

Any here today, gone today TOC that is struggling financially (that’s probably most of them) would take this sort of action across all fares to shore up their financial position and keep the DfT happy.

Richard1960

GA are known to be struggling financially, so I'm not surprised that they are raising prices on an unregulated fare by nearly ten times the rate of inflation in this way. It's of course a shame that they are doing it, but ultimately I would have thought they will have good reasons for doing it. Perhaps their analyses/predictions show that the majority of rover buyers would still buy them at the higher price, and hence they can increase the price without losing too many buyers.

Not sure I won't be buying many more at that price sure .!

Have asked GA for their rationale for doing so ,have also emailed my MP asking about 25% fare increases on GA routes.

Looking forward to seeing the justification when most tickets went up 3.5% .

Kite159

Veteran Member
When was the last time the Anglia Plus increased in price?

Reminds me of 2017/18 time when GWR hiked the prices of several of their rover products as the price hadn't been changed in a few years. I.e. Freedom of South West/Ride Cornwall etc.

Richard1960

When was the last time the Anglia Plus increased in price?

Reminds me of 2017/18 time when GWR hiked the prices of several of their rover products as the price hadn't been changed in a few years. I.e. Freedom of South West/Ride Cornwall etc.

GA increase the price of Rovers every year including Anglia Plus , in line with the general increase I know as I buy them.

This year was very different though.

And in return offered travellers nothing more .IE A reduction in restrictions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.