• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Have I been mis-sold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

43034 The Black Horse

Established Member
Yesterday (13/03/10) I travelled on ATW's 1817 ex Lydney to STJ. I didn't have a ticket and couldn't get one on the station so I had to get one on the train. The guard came round and sold me my ticket (Single from Lydney - STJ, Child). £2.30 it cost me, Anytime day single. Now, should it have been a off peak instead of anytime? I didn't say anything at the time as I wasn't sure!

Bloody fares system.
Any help appreciated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

b0b

Established Member
The guard came round and sold me my ticket (Single from Lydney - STJ, Child). £2.30 it cost me, Anytime day single. Now, should it have been a off peak instead of anytime?

It depends on the circumstance of why you could not buy the ticket before boarding the train.

Anyway, according to Avantix, there are only 2 fares for that journey: the SDS at 2.30 and the SDR for 2.35.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
As b0b says, there are only Anytime Day (SDS / SDR) fares for that flow. No Off Peak tickets exist. I guess there is considered to not really be a 'peak' time on that route. It's like that on a lot of rural services on Northern too. It's 5p more for a return!

Status
Not open for further replies.