• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Have I seen this somewhere before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Interesting...

'Folks, this is your captain speaking. I'd like to welcome passengers to this South West Airlines service. This plane now calls at New York only. First Class accommodation is towards the front of the plane. Smoking is not permitted in any part of the plane. Please turn off all electronic equipment.

Thank you for travelling with South West Airlines'

:lol:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Jamie C. Steel said:
Sorry Fgwfan, but what was the point of that post?
If you've got nothing to add to this discussion, then don't say anything.

Gareth Hale

Mmm, South West Airlines. Never travel with them, I seen a programme about them on A+E channel (ya, not the hospital)

Guinness

Established Member
South West Airlines - First No Frills Airline in the World. Ryanair even say on there website that they adopted there Fares Scheme!

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Gareth Hale said:
Mmm, South West Airlines. Never travel with them, I seen a programme about them on A+E channel (ya, not the hospital)

I watched a show about them on ITV2 "Airline USA" a few weeks ago.

TheSlash

Established Member
I've seen pictures of the planes before and meant to of asked if they were owned or part owned by Stagecoach
Can you claim copyright for a train livery being used on a plane?

Techniquest

Veteran Member
evil_hippo said:
To amuse us perhaps. That was a stupid comment Jamie.

Do yourself a favour Jamie. Get a bus to the nearest hospital and ask for a humour implant.

evil_hippo was right, it was to amuse readers. It was a parody to some extent of an SWT 450 announcement.

South West Airlines was used as it was the closest thing I could think of to suggest it was a pee-take of SWT. Didn't know they actually existed... :oops:

Guinness

Established Member
FGWFan said:
Interesting...

'Folks, this is your captain speaking. I'd like to welcome passengers to this South West Airlines service. This plane now calls at New York only. First Class accommodation is towards the front of the plane. Smoking is not permitted in any part of the plane. Please turn off all electronic equipment.

South West Airlines don't have First Class.

Guinness

Established Member
evil_hippo said:
Quantas never crashed.

Qantas have had only 2 incidents aboard a plane with techinal failure.

BTW Whats that got to do with SWA? :?

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Chaz said:
FGWFan said:
Interesting...

I see. More evidence that it was purely an SWT pee-take then.

Oh how I love taking the waters out of SWT and GNER...

Lewisham2221

Established Member
FGWFan said:
Chaz said:
FGWFan said:
Interesting...

I see. More evidence that it was purely an SWT pee-take then.

Oh how I love taking the waters out of SWT and GNER...

I seem to remember being told off by an admin for sharing hte same views regarding First.... :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.