I'm now on the 1022 from Huddersfield, which was 12 mins late. It's beyond a joke!
TPE are going to self destruct itself soon nearly every day services are cancelled or turned short of their destination this is no way to run train services at all no wonder passengers get annoyed and upset TPE used to be a a company u could really trust to get u where u wanted to go now it's pot luck where u end up
Today I've received the following marketing email from TPE - interesting first line choice of "stress-free," presumably the shopping, not the travel!
"Monday 18th November 2019
Do you want stress-free Christmas Shopping?
Escape the urban concrete jungle! Head for Scarborough’s seaside wonderland for Christmas shopping, it’s a breeze
- Celebrity Christmas Lights Switch-On and Laser Show 14 November DJ Ryan Swain and celebrities Chris Gascoyne, Coronation Street’s Peter Barlow and rising country music star Twinnie of Hollyoaks fame, launch 6 weeks of family events galore and kick-starts your seaside Christmas shopping adventure with a range of festive activities.
- Santa sails into Scarborough harbour 16 November
- Victorian themed Christmas market 10-15 December
- Family fun on Thursday Treasure Trails with top prizes starts 14 November
- Scarborough Sparkle Open Air Theatre Christmas Market 29 Nov-1 December
Coast through your Christmas shopping list; choose from loads of gift ideas even for the person who has everything, along with a varied programme of fun activities, whatever your age, taste or budget.A pedestrianised area with your favourite high street stores, nearby streets with family shops and artisan independent shops, tucked just seconds away from the central area in quaint ginnels, or choose from the mouth-watering seasonal produce and gifts at the indoor market located just 5 minutes’ walk away from the pedestrianised area, don’t forget to visit the market vaults which is a maze of quirky, unusual and intriguing shops.
Quaint pubs with harbour views, town bars with festive merriment, cosy tearooms with scrumptious seasonal treats, bistros, family friendly cafés and restaurants, sourcing local produce whenever possible and serving tasty home cooked food, to help you recuperate from your Christmas shopping. A visit to Scarborough wouldn’t be complete without tucking into the freshest of fish and chips and a festive ice cream.
Escape for a winter break in Scarborough - perfect tranquillity and calmness and luxuriate in top class star-studded accommodation, enjoy the comfort of a traditional guesthouse or stay in a homely bed and breakfast – all hosted by local people who love to look after you during your stay.
Be beside the seaside for Christmas, the fun begins Thursday 14 November!
More Information: Counting Down to Christmas Scarborough T: @scarboroughxmas F: @scarboroughxmas I: #scarboroughxmas "
A body was found on the track at Eccles this morning. I understand too that there were signalling problems at Malton.This illustrates how totally out of touch they are as an organization. Just abysmal.
More total chaos with the services at Scarborough this morning.
The Nova set wasn't carrying passengers when it went through to Scarborough to return as 1Z85 - conductor not trained, so were these passenger trains.....?A body was found on the track at Eccles this morning. I understand too that there were signalling problems at Malton.
TPE ran the following at short notice using 68030 plus TP12:
1Z85 12:00 Scarborough to York
1Z86 13:02 York to Scarborough
No doubt you will receive the admin PM telling you not to use railway acronyms! In ghe menatime may I just add WTF as some fo those you've used need thatPleased to report that things are looking up from the December timetable, at least as far as SCA is concerned.
- Trains will additionally call at SYB and GRF, reconnecting SYB with LIV, and reinstating GRF's fast journey opportunity to YRK. GRF remains connected with HUL through Northern’s extended HFX to HUL service;
- Trains are retimed to be well spaced at MLT, reducing risk of either service running late and delaying the other through the single platform;
- There are some peak time calls at CRG;
- Trains depart YRK towards SCA at xx00. This provides a connection from the London train;
- Trains depart SCA at xx34;
- Trains depart LIV at xx54;
- Turnarounds at SCA are 45 minutes;
- Turnarounds at LIV are between 20-25 minutes;
- Trains are diagrammed as a mixture of Cl185s and MkVa.
What's more, in the short-term, some of the day-time, off-peak LIV - EDBs are being removed which should hopefully ease up the train crew shortage issues and add an additional level of resilience.
More 'public' details available here...
It is the use of headcodes I find worse. Understand some rail staff only see headcodes so we could get no Gen without them. But when forum users say. “I am on 1z69” - it is annoying as the majority of us have no clue and need to look it up. They are on it so should know where it is coming from going to. But that is just me. Won’t distract the topic anymore.
The Nova set wasn't carrying passengers when it went through to Scarborough to return as 1Z85 - conductor not trained, so were these passenger trains.....?