• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Have Trans Pennine Express handed back new stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revaulx

Have they had to hand back all the new stuff because they haven’t been able to keep up with the leasing payments?

The six I’ve been on today have all been three car 185s.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Have they had to hand back all the new stuff because they haven’t been able to keep up with the leasing payments?

No; it's just the introduction of new trains (and providing training for them) has been delayed by many factors.

fgwrich

Established Member
Nope, nothing has been handed back at all. Some of the Mk5 sets have come back from temporary storage but this only being because of the Covid19 downturn in traffic and a lack of depot spaces to store them.

D365

Veteran Member

Strange bit of speculation here.

Brissle Girl

Established Member
Strange bit of speculation here.
Exactly, unless there was any reason to suspect that was the case, a most inappropriate suggestion, as that's how wild rumours get started on social media. It would have been much better just to ask if there was any reason why they had not seen any of the new units.

Ianigsy

I've been to Marsden today and saw 68s and 802s as well as the 185s.

Also my first cancellation in a while as the 1701 from Marsden to Hull seemed to give up the ghost after leaving Stalybridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.