• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Have you ever had a crush on someone you met on a train?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deano23

Just reading the metro and it seems quite common for people to be attracted to people they meet on trains so was just wondering has it ever happened to you?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
I wouldn’t believe those tidbits in the Metro are all genuine. I expect most of them are made up by the editorial staff.

RPM

Established Member
I had a crush on someone I met on a railway station, if that counts. We were staff rather than passengers, and that was the best part of 20 years ago. She's now my wife.

randyrippley

Established Member
I dunno about getting a crush on..........but its common to get crushed by other passengers on trains from Manchester to Preston

Lucan

Established Member
it seems quite common for people to be attracted to people they meet on trains so was just wondering has it ever happened to you?
All the time. Who doesn't find this? I mean I am attracted to them, but I would not like to say that they are attracted to me - I have no idea and there is never any sign of it :(

"Sighting" not "meeting" though as the latter sounds like something pre-arranged, although the word "meeting" seems to mean different things to different people in the romantic context - anything from seeing in the distance, through being in the same room, through talking, through dating, right up to the same meaning as in "Adam knew Eve".

LowLevel

Established Member
What a strange question. Of course. I am a guard. I see hundreds of thousands of different people on trains. I think some of them are attractive. Professionalism prevents me from doing any more than thinking that from my end.

It even works the other way judging by the fact I've had people offer me their number, grope me, smack my backside and offer me far more terrifying things than even their phone number (because I'm a lad so obviously a female on a hen do grabbing my crotch is just a laugh whether I like it or not, whereas if I was to do it to them I would be sacked and jailed).

Kneedown

Established Member
Not on a train as such, but met Mrs Kneedown in our messroom at Notts. After many chats, followed by platonic dates romance did it's thing. 14 years later all is still blissful!

Neil Polo

I fancied a station mistress. Also a barmaid at my local who looked like her. On tne train from Plymouth to Gunnislake I was essentially seduced by a Devon girl.

PeterC

Established Member
Visiting the universities on my UCCA form (that dates it) involved a three leg trip with an overnight stay at my cousin's in South Wales. On the train from Manchester to Pontypool Road I met a young lady who was returning home to Llanelli after visiting Manchester University. Forum rules force me to stop there.

Antman

Established Member
Years ago when I was single I got chatting to a lovely young lady on my train home one evening and got her phone number, unfortunately being a tad intoxicated I managed to lose the bit of paper I had jotted it down on, this was pre mobile phone era.

I often wonder what might have been!

PaxVobiscum

Established Member
I suspect for some people who frequent these forums, it is more likely that they will be attracted to the train. :)

Established Member
I suspect for some people who frequent these forums, it is more likely that they will be attracted to the train. :)
Don't tell anyone but I quite like 707007. Something about her that just looks very elegant and appealing to the eye. Shame we never really cross paths except the odd time I pass through Clapham Junction on an odd London Victoria working.

bussnapperwm

Established Member
I saw this lass once when LM were slowly withdrawing 150s off the snow hill lines who I had a bit of a crush on at school, but had lost contact for a couple of years.

Seeing her rekindled those feelings, but it turned out she was dating someone else.

We ended up blocking each other on Facebook after having an argument about something stupid.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
I had a crush on someone on the train fairly recently, but the train was really busy and there wasn't much space so it wasn't really my fault!

I wouldn’t believe those tidbits in the Metro are all genuine. I expect most of them are made up by the editorial staff.

Cynic ;)

I suspect for some people who frequent these forums, it is more likely that they will be attracted to the train.

we have a winner!

Dr Hoo

Established Member
Just reading the metro and it seems quite common for people to be attracted to people they meet on trains so was just wondering has it ever happened to you?

Surely the point is that whilst work/college/village/pub/whatever tends to present a relatively stable and finite number of people to get to know, public transport brings one into contact with, er, the wider public and hence an almost infinite potential to make new acquaintances. This can develop into business and hobby interests as well as a potentially romantic ones.

Travel broadens the mind.

theironroad

Established Member

You're a bundle of joy.....

'rush hour crush' and 'good deed feed' are the highlights of a metro read.

tsr

Established Member
I don't know, finishing it and putting it down (or otherwise having to stop reading it) was always a bit of a highlight :lol:

There was a time when I would pick up a Metro solely because the delivery driver was the only other person stirring in the whole town, and I felt the need to say “good morning” to somebody after waking up at stupid o’clock! Often I then never read it on the train to work or anywhere else for that matter!

The “First Metro [of the day] ” club is an interesting bunch... mostly comprised of railway, construction and essential services workers. And the odd financial guru. Rush-hour crushes are but a dream!

(Mostly drive to work now... so reading the Metro isn’t a good move really...)

Dougal2345

If you want to see on-train flirting at its impossible best, take a look at Agnetha Fältskog's sultry glances on her morning Tumba-Stockholm commute...

Status
Not open for further replies.