• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Have you personally had COVID.

Have you had COVID 19

• Yes but I was over it within 1 month

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • Yes but I am not over it

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • No

Votes: 86 55.5%
  • Don’t know. Displayed symptoms but was never tested.

Votes: 44 28.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ianno87

Veteran Member
Had symptoms twice (cough first time, cough and loss of taste the second time) but had a negative test both times.

Mother-in-Law (who I see regularly) had an antibody test done that indicates she may have had it late last year (no symptoms at the time), so conceivable I may have been the same.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Andy Pacer

Established Member
I had a positive test in February. My symptoms were mainly coughing, back ache and head ache. I only really had one day where I felt particularly poorly, and that was the day I went for my test. By the time I received the positive result (the evening of the test day) I was already feeling on the mend.

Jonny

Established Member
My ^case^ was very early on, there was no real testing available at that stage. It was annoying because of a painkiller shortage more than anything else.

kez19

Established Member
I did, prior few weeks before it was muscle aches, but then after that it was (I describe it as a smokers cough even though don't smoke!), cough then whilst isolating, the metallic taste appeared but just tired in general

I had it about May/June last year

Tracked

Established Member
Not unless asymptomatic, but I haven't ever had a test. From the 5 people I know that have had it and are around my age (early 40's) 3 of them have had long-term symptoms - Brain fog, tiredness, issues with sense of smell & "aches and pains" - which is interesting, but a very small sample size that's only from people who happened to mention having it, so skewed towards people who've had longer term issues.

February/March 2020 (before WFH started) we had several people in the office isolating with possible symptoms (or possibly normal winter colds), and given we'd normally have about 60-70 people on our floor it would've been a perfect place for it to spread.

Before we had the instruction to stay home there were two at work sat next to me who had flu-like symptoms that lasted well over a month, both have wondered if they had it then, but a more likely explanation is that both were having about 4 hours sleep a night at the time (one out of habit, the others' partner had had a new baby a month or two before). Despite spending most days sat next to them for several hours I didn't catch anything.

johnnychips

Established Member
Eight people in my ‘bubble’ of thirty-five got it. I was fine, then a week later my flat mate got it, felt a bit off then lost his sense of taste. It was in the end of September when it was really hard to get a test, so he never got tested. Blamed me anyway.

Shimbleshanks

Had it in March last year. Sick as a dog for about three weeks, short of breath, could hardly make it up and down the stairs, loss of taste, couldn't eat. Doc diagnosed me over the phone as 'probable mild Covid but maybe a bit more serious than that'. Gave me a course of antibiotics 'just in case it's something else'.
Long slow recovery thereafter; not quite my old self - still feel quite fatigued - but able to manage longish bike rides, country walks again. Other possible long-term symptoms - stiff neck; tinnitus.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I voted no as I had no diseases in that time frame.

However I may well have been infected with Sars-CoV-2 as many people who are infected do not go on to develop any symptoms of disease.

zero

I had symptoms in March 2020 but saw no point in doing anything about it as I did not become unwell and Lockdown 1 was about to start.

I hoped to ride out the pandemic without ever getting tested, but I think I will be forced to get a test to travel to Australia even if vaccinated (I will be going as soon as hotel quarantine is dropped to 3 days or less - I am allowed to go now but don't wish to waste 2 weeks).

If I get symptoms again I would prefer not to get tested but will voluntarily avoid other people (which means going for walks in the early morning etc.)

anthony263

Established Member
Have had it twice before I was vaccinated. Little to know symptoms.

Too be honest id rather have covid than flu where I was ill

Darandio

Established Member
Have had it twice before I was vaccinated. Little to know symptoms.

Too be honest id rather have covid than flu where I was ill

That's quite some going, there are something like only 60 confirmed re-infections worldwide.

pelli

That's quite some going, there are something like only 60 confirmed re-infections worldwide.

According to a Public Health England press release published yesterday (https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...ossible-covid-19-reinfection-published-by-phe), up to 30 May 2021 in England there have been 53 confirmed reinfections (gene sequences from both infections confirmed to be distinct), 478 probable reinfections (gene sequence from second infection was known to be circulating at the time of the second infection, or was not known to be circulating during the first infection), and 15893 possible reinfections (two positive test results more than 90 days apart, but no gene sequencing done).

Edit: Notable quotes include that 15893 possible reinfections "is equivalent to around 0.4% cases becoming reinfected", "Current evidence suggests that most reinfections will not cause symptoms" and "There is currently no evidence that the Delta variant, or any other Variants of Concern, are more likely to cause reinfection than others".

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I was ill in March last year with a short lived temperature, and a cough. I couldn’t smell anything for about a week other than the steak I’d cooked at the start of my illness. No tests available back then of course. To be honest if the advice wasn’t to stay off work then I’d have gone in as normal because I wasn’t that bad.
Update to this in that I probably did have it. We do the ONS Infection survey which has recently expanded the antibody testing which we now do also. We both came back positive for antibodies, I’ve already had both doses of vaccine but partner hadn’t had any prior to the test.

Darandio

Established Member
According to a Public Health England press release published yesterday (https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...ossible-covid-19-reinfection-published-by-phe), up to 30 May 2021 in England there have been 53 confirmed reinfections (gene sequences from both infections confirmed to be distinct), 478 probable reinfections (gene sequence from second infection was known to be circulating at the time of the second infection, or was not known to be circulating during the first infection), and 15893 possible reinfections (two positive test results more than 90 days apart, but no gene sequencing done).

Edit: Notable quotes include that 15893 possible reinfections "is equivalent to around 0.4% cases becoming reinfected", "Current evidence suggests that most reinfections will not cause symptoms" and "There is currently no evidence that the Delta variant, or any other Variants of Concern, are more likely to cause reinfection than others".

Ignoring the near 16000 'possibles' reinfection is still quite a rare achievement!

I've purposely ignored the 16000 purely because recent evidence is starting to suggest the error rate in positive tests is absolutely huge.

Romsey

Like others on here I had some of the covid-19 symptoms in early 2020 - fever, chills, blinding headache etc for a few days and it went round the household to various degrees of intensity. As things developed last year I thought it was just another winter bug. I reacted badly to my first jab and went from fine to feeling dreadful in a couple of hours and taking some days get back to feeling crappy verging on OK with the same symptoms.
Coincidence or an infection of a pre recorded version of covid-19 in January 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.