• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Haworth War Weekend Also Get's Bad Press...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SS4

Established Member
They dress up as SS for the shock value. As soon as everyone stops paying attention they'll give it up. Also let us not forget that (very ,very) few Britons joined the SS

4SRKT

Established Member
But nobody will stop paying attention, either in the media or the public at large. And why on earth should they? Dressing up as nazis is very bad and irresponsible behaviour. The Bradford Council ward in which Haworth is located until recently had a BNP councillor and I doubt they are far below the surface even now.

Hamm is Shipley's twin town BTW, not Bradford's as in the article. Bradford's is Monchengladbach. How much else in the article is inaccurate one wonders?

WestRiding

who could really give two hoots. i personally just find it amusing, but then some people are too easily offended. there were two sides to the war????? all good fun.

4SRKT

Established Member
who could really give two hoots. i personally just find it amusing, but then some people are too easily offended. there were two sides to the war????? all good fun.

Yeah. Too easily offended by people dressing up as celebrity racists in an area with a large ethnic population and a lot of racial tension. You find racism amusing? Luckily you don't live round here so I'm afraid you'll miss out on 'all the good fun'.

Status
Not open for further replies.