• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Headboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprog

Established Member
Greetings chaps and chapesses! :)

Righty, here's the deal, since myself and Mr. '50149' have planned some trips out, Jamie (aka 149) has suggested that we make an "on tour" headboard style thing, kinda like the one SWRG has.

Well, he's come up with a couple designs. I know it would be easier to have one custom made but it'd cost a bunch to have it cast. :shock:

So the plan is.. I've got some pieces of wood which I'll cut to shape and paint/letter etc, but I'm stuck on how big it should be!

Any of you chaps know anything about the dimensions of these things!? Even if you havent physically got one, anyway of getting access and taking a few measurments or 'guesstimations! ;) ' :!: :?:

Any help would be appreciated!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jdjonnay

I've looked after the SWRG board before, know the group owner, Nat, very well, he's a good laugh..

The board - it's wood. Looks like metal doesn't it? Only cost £25, too, there's a lady in Yorkshire who does them. I can't remember the weblink though... somewhere on pathfinder's site there's a link to where you can get one made.

If you look on my site there's a couple of pics of my railpics headboard, which is in my wardrobe at the moment...

16CSVT2700

Established Member
SWRG's is wood?? Seem they had the same idea as us!! :lol:

Cheers Jonnay, we'll have to have a look at this sproggy old boy!

Craig

Established Member
Most of the Pathfinder ones are made by a guy called Mark Elderkin. You could try contacting him to find out costs, it all depends on your design. The simpler it is the cheaper it will cost.
When I was involved with planned to run a railtour a couple of years ago, that was who we were going to use.

As for size, I'd guess it'd need to be between 1 and 2 foot wide. Again it depends on your design.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
How do you get the headboard on the train? Do you ask the driver nicely or do you pre-arrange it with the operator?

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Damn, everyone's got the idea at the moment...I'm after an 'FGWFan On Tour 2006' one for my ALR trip, although how I'd use it or anything I don't know yet. Also the matter of carting it around for a week...Maybe the Land Rover parody T-shirt is an easier idea.

jdjonnay

You really need to know the driver to get it put on, forget about getting it on a railtour (the tour operators won't want someone elses board on the front, dvr will get into trouble), and it has to be just the right size so it doesn't cover any lights.

Some locos need extension brackets too, for example, the SWRG board won't fit a 50 (not many do, mine didnt either :( ).

Jon

Sprog

Established Member
*bump*

Anyone got any input on dimensions?????

We have the materials and the man power ( :lol: ), we just need sizes.

seriously thinking now, with thinking cap in place, firmly on my head

Needs :
A) Lives
B) Another hobby
C) To loose your virginity

C is very important one.

Sprog

Established Member
Bonnie Prince Charlie said:
seriously thinking now, with thinking cap in place, firmly on my head

Needs :
A) Lives
B) Another hobby
C) To loose your virginity

C is very important one.

Needs :
A) My fist
B) Your face
C) Motion

Until you know me.....STFU

That is all

Sprog

Established Member
Mr. Tosspot, the fact of the matter is

I have a life
I have may hobbies

And wether i have lost my virgintiy or not is non of your buisiness, but lets jst say she enjoyed it

Your just a little trouble making scrote and belive me, if i ever meet you, youll be on the deck before you can say Ouch.

Tom B

Established Member
Dear me, can't we keep a simple thread civil?

*click*

Status
Not open for further replies.