• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[HEADS UP] Nasty Email Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucaZone

Heres one to look out for, could be potentially nasty!

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 20 March 2006 16:50
To: Lucazone
Subject: Your payment done.

Dear customer!
We're writing to let you know that we've initiated a transfer from your bank account (Last 4-digits: 0402) for the following amount:

GBP 313.14 (ORDER #0220873 , DATE #20.03.2006)

Funds should leave account in approximately three to five working days.

See your statement details in attachment.

To review your account at any time, please access your Account Summary: https://payments.amazon.co.uk/exec/login?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this settlement, please contact us at
[email protected]

Amazon.co.uk Marketplace -- Amazon Services Europe S.a.r.l. Sell Your Stuff http://www.amazon.co.uk

Norton Security blocked an attachment called STATEMENT_#0220873.exe

Tell tale signs were the digits of my account number, which ARENT 0402, the lowercase z in Lucazone, the fact that the attachment was an .exe file, but most of all because I dont use Amazon!

Could catch some people less awares people out though.
--- edited ---
Ive seen another related to eBay and security detail breaches requiring you to change your passwords etc.....

Guess the online trading sites are being hit at the moment

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
LucaZone said:
Heres one to look out for, could be potentially nasty!
Everyone should keep a constant look-out as there are many thousands of bogus emails doing the rounds.
LucaZone said:
Could catch some people less awares people out though.
If that catches anyone out, then they're going to be constantly caught out because it's no more realistic than the dozen or so bogus emails I get in my inbox (automatically moved to junk items) every day.

A general warning about such emails should be issued to anyone who uses the internet, and once issued I don't think further reminders need to be made as if you did a warning for every email we'd spend our lives reading warnings.

Tom B

Established Member
If you're stupid enough to open it you deserve the virus.

There's no need for constant virus alerts, the Windoze users would be here all day if everyone posted them.

*clickety*

Status
Not open for further replies.