• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Heads up - Want to catch Hull Trains today? Tough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

causton

Established Member
Don't count on being able to get a Hull Trains service if you were going to get one!

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/sa31e0faa28d452b80a1f8767569d24e/details.html

National Rail Enquiries said:
07:20 London Kings Cross to Hull is cancelled
08:25 Hull to London Kings Cross will terminate at Doncaster.
11:48 London Kings Cross to Hull is cancelled
13:48 London Kings Cross to Hull will terminate at Selby.
15:10 Hull to London Kings Cross will originate from Selby.
17:10 Hull to London Kings Cross is cancelled.
20:30 London Kings Cross to Hull will originate from Doncaster.

This is "due to a shortage of available trains"...

Posted in General Discussion but perhaps it could move to Traction & Rolling Stock, depending on how much the focus is on how unreliable HT's fleet are!

Edit: My impression of the timetable:
Screen Shot 2012-06-13 at 01.23.09.png

Seems to be 2 trains in use...

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SprinterMan

Established Member
Hull trains have 4 180s, and an additional one on hire from GC. They also have some use of the FGW fleet (admittedly less so now). What is going on!

Adam :D

Clip

Established Member
Service Disruption - Temporary Timetable - Wednesday 13th June 2012
Due to a shortage of available trains as a result of damage sustained in an earlier incident the following changes will be in place: 07:20 London Kings Cross to Hull is cancelled. 08:25 Hull to London Kings Cross will end at Doncaster. 11:48 London Kings Cross to Hull is cancelled. 13:48 London Kings Cross to Hull will end at Selby. 15:10 Hull to London Kings Cross will start from Selby. 17:10 Hull to London Kings Cross is cancelled. 20:30 London Kings Cross to Hull will start from Doncaster.

So im guessing the other one or two are in for an exam

Class377/5

Established Member
That's completely buggered up my day. Was using them today but had to cancel my plans.

Schnellzug

Established Member
Surely if they had to actually make a profit, rather than just being able to rake off a share of revenue, they'd make a bit more of an effort. Perhaps another reason for changing the way that they share out revenue.

starrymarkb

Established Member
That's the problem with a small fleet. FGW have similar issues with the 57s on the sleeper. If one is out for exam then there is no slack at all if one of the others goes bang.

Using 180s was asking for trouble though

Welshman

Established Member
i seem to recall one unit hit something on the track a while back, and I suppose it may still be out of service.

Ah, right. Thank you.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
P.S.

It seems a quirk of irony that the banner advert above this page is currently promoting Hull to London from £10 with Hull Trains. ;)

lincolnshire

One passed through Goole yesterday afternoon heading south, I guess that it was heading for Mtc @ Old Oak Common, its a long way to go and get your major problems fixed.
Would you take your car from Hull all that way to get it fixed?
Another one of the problems of Privatization of the railways, no body wants to pay another company for mtc if you can get it done in house or one of your sister company's.

How many days of cancellations then this time?

ryan125hst

Established Member
Seems to be 2 trains in use...

I make it 3 trains. Two trains are in use all day, one train works from Hull to Doncaster and stays there all day, returning to Hull in the evening. That is, unless the train that terminates at Doncaster at 09:24 than returns ECS to Hull to work the 10:30, and likewise runs ECS to Doncaster after arriving at Hull at 21:27 to work the 22:07. It will be a bit tight though, as it's timed to be about an hour between Doncaster and Hull. I know that there are no stops, but there will be other trains on the route, and you have to add in the time for passengers to board and alight.

Can someone with access to TRUST confirm which is the case?

Attachments

• Hull Trains diagrams.jpg
    Hull Trains diagrams.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 43

fklopper

That 5 minute-turnaround at Selby is interesting!

Incidentally, does anyone know what the "damage sustained in an earlier incident" was?

Not sure how much damage would have been done to a train in such an incident, but one of the Hull Trains was involved in a fatal accident on Tuesday night (not seen it mentioned on here but details are here http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk...en-dies-after-being-struck-by-train-1-4636506).

That said, it would have made more sense for the train to be out of action yesterday, so it might not have anything to do with the very sad incident.

jon0844

Veteran Member
Wow, so HT had problems with its service today. That's odd because normally their trains are on fire...

MCR247

Established Member
One passed through Goole yesterday afternoon heading south, I guess that it was heading for Mtc @ Old Oak Common, its a long way to go and get your major problems fixed.
Would you take your car from Hull all that way to get it fixed?
Another one of the problems of Privatization of the railways, no body wants to pay another company for mtc if you can get it done in house or one of your sister company's.

How many days of cancellations then this time?

Not really its just because no-one else will touch a 180 with a barge pole and no-one else can keep them as reliable

Although what they'd be like if they weren't maintained at OOC makes me shudder!

badzena

The GC branded 180 I was on the other week was leaking rainwater onto the seats. That can't be right!

embers25

Established Member
So thats where the Hartlepool Spring water comes from!!! Don't shout it too loudly as soon it will be marketed as free drinking water direct to your mouth!

Pumbaa

Established Member
Touche! If it's a cheaper ticket, then bargain, because there'll be some form of cross ticket acceptance if there is trouble.

johnnychips

Established Member
That happened last year when I had to get a Eurostar. Got shoved onto v crowded EC train and a bit of a sprint to StP. Should be a bit better tomorrow as last Brussels Eurostar later this year.

asylumxl

Established Member
I'd advise wearing non-flammable clothing.

Looks around for a like button*

Ah! There it is..

facebook_like_button_small.jpg

As said, 180110 was involved in a fatality on Tuesday and needing repairs.

180101 has been at O.O.C for a few days to rectify some poor workmanship that had been carried out by a third party on the mods programme.

180111 is stopped due to being out of miles and needing exam.

Not sure how much damage would have been done to a train in such an incident, but one of the Hull Trains was involved in a fatal accident on Tuesday night (not seen it mentioned on here but details are here http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk...en-dies-after-being-struck-by-train-1-4636506).

That said, it would have made more sense for the train to be out of action yesterday, so it might not have anything to do with the very sad incident.

The fatality was Monday night at about 21:00, and the ammended timetable has been in operation everyday from Tuesday onwards so i think this incident was the cause.

causton

Established Member
IThat is, unless the train that terminates at Doncaster at 09:24 than returns ECS to Hull to work the 10:30, and likewise runs ECS to Doncaster after arriving at Hull at 21:27 to work the 22:07.

I assumed that this was the case, and seems to be, luckily for me! I guessed from the timings that it would be just about manageable :)

Interesting reports of the cause guys, that wasn't added to the NRE site when I first posted the thread :)

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Thanks - forewarned is forearmed. Does anybody know if the train starting Selby due at Donny 1605 was vaguely on time today?

http://www.hulltrains.co.uk/travelnews.php?id=504

Ran pretty much on-time throughout. At least Hull Trains have a contingency plan in these circumstances so people can plan in advance. Not ideal though, no doubt they'll be getting a mauling again in the Hull Daily Mail.

The problems come if the EC service the HT passengers are booked on are heavily loaded which will be the case on the 2 evening runs tomorrow with it being a friday evening (1710 off Hull/2030 off KX). Standing when you had a reservation tends to annoy passengers.

Status
Not open for further replies.