• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Heald Green query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
We drove past this station en route to visiting Quarry Bank Mill and I assumed that the connectional works for the newly constructed ramp access route to the airport-bound platform from Finney Lane would have been completed by now, as April 2012 was given as the reopening time. However, it looked like much of the existing wall had been taken down and the connection still had not been made, with guarding barriers around the area.

Has anything untoward caused a problem here ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ANorthernGuard

Established Member
We drove past this station en route to visiting Quarry Bank Mill and I assumed that the connectional works for the newly constructed ramp access route to the airport-bound platform from Finney Lane would have been completed by now, as April 2012 was given as the reopening time. However, it looked like much of the existing wall had been taken down and the connection still had not been made, with guarding barriers around the area.

Has anything untoward caused a problem here ?

Something to do with an Electric Box that Network Rail needs to move, should all be done by the end of May....so add another month on top lol <D

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Once again ANorthernGuard puts us in the picture. I am informed by a family friend that there are still large signs affixed to the station giving April 2012 as the date of completion, but bearing in mind the long over-running time completion works of the booking office refurbishments there in 2011, I am not at all surprised at what happens at Heald Green station.

My friend asks are the full width advertising boards for the Wythenshawe shopping area that are affixed between the same stanchions and underneath the official Northern Rail station name boards on the airport-bound platform (apparently in the same navy and white colour scheme), approved by Northern Rail.

ANorthernGuard

Established Member
Once again ANorthernGuard puts us in the picture. I am informed by a family friend that there are still large signs affixed to the station giving April 2012 as the date of completion, but bearing in mind the long over-running time completion works of the booking office refurbishments there in 2011, I am not at all surprised at what happens at Heald Green station.

My friend asks are the full width advertising boards for the Wythenshawe shopping area that are affixed between the same stanchions and underneath the official Northern Rail station name boards on the airport-bound platform (apparently in the same navy and white colour scheme), approved by Northern Rail.

To be honest I couldn't tell you but if they wasn't (Town centres like they used to be *cough *cough) they would be gone, Northern do like to advertise important aspects of the local communities (hence the different liveries for things like the Buxton festival etc etc.) so I am sure they have no problems with it.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
A contact yesterday told me the matter was still not resolved and the April deadline for these works looks like emulating the similar delays at this station when the booking hall was being refurbished in 2011....mind you, that project ran no less than four months overdue...<(.

Status
Not open for further replies.