• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Heart of Wessex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Produce a print out of the relevant page from National Rail?

Where did you hear that they were invalid?

devon_metro

Established Member
Produce a print out of the relevant page from National Rail?

Where did you hear that they were invalid?

Apparently guards and RPIs have been told not to accept HoW tickets between Weymouth and Upwey. I'm not sure tbh and I don't personally think anybody will actually care!

mrcheek

Established Member
If you get a ticket check between Weymouth and Upwey, than you are pretty unlucky! Theres nowhere else you could go on a SWT service on this line.

Turbostar

Liam it's news to me, I've not seen or heard anything about any changes to being restricted to certain operators, & routes & services, apart from what's already published, & if it's not on the net anywhere, I would challenge the conductor to written proof of this, & not just his/her word. It's like turning round & saying I'm not allowed to use SWT between Plymouth & Exeter St Davids. Like I said, Unless there's anything on the net, as you can more or less guarantee it would be put up there, I woldn't worry about it. You could always just email SWT for peace of mind as well.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Who told you that?

If you refuse to pay they could call BTP, and I doubt BTP will do anything - especially if they look at the map.

NCoC makes it very clear that unless it states a specific TOC, tickets can be used on any TOC along the permitted routes for the ticket. TOCs can give you more rights than those given in the NCoC but they cannot give you less. Additionally, Consumer Laws apply and if there is any ambiguity at all the courts are obliged to rule in favour of the customer. Although in this case as SWT are explicitly mentioned under "operators" I fail to see how there can be any doubt at all that they are valid.

Daniel

Established Member
Summary
Travel in the designated rover area

---

Train Operators:
First Great Western, South West Trains

---

Stations:
Avoncliff, Bradford-on-Avon, Bristol Temple Meads, Bruton, Bath Spa, Castle Cary, Chetnole, Chippenham, Dorchester West, Freshford, Frome, Maiden Newton, Melksham, Swindon, Thornford, Trowbridge, Upwey, Weymouth, Westbury (Wilts), Yetminster, Yeovil Pen Mill

And http://nationalrail.co.uk/managed/p...Heart_of_Wessex_Day_Ranger-20080311121015.JPG

All seems valid to me. Valid anywhere *in* the points shown on the map, (Upwey is inbetween two of the points), and Upwey is listed in the Valid stations, and SouthWestTrains is shown as a usable operator.

Status
Not open for further replies.