• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Heathfield (newton abbot) station how to get there help??

Status
Not open for further replies.

class57basher

Hi all

Hopefully someone can help me. I want to try and photo the log train at Heathfield when it runs round. Whereabouts in heathfield is it and does anyone know how easy it is to get photos there. Fancy somewhere different from Teigngrace or a station

many thanks if someone can help

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MarkyT

Established Member
I want to try and photo the log train at Heathfield when it runs round. Whereabouts in heathfield is it and does anyone know how easy it is to get photos there.

Not easy to get near lineside as it's now totally hemmed in by private land. Looks like there's a foot/cycleway next to the north-east bound carriageway of the A38 across the bridge over the line though the view on Google streetview is fairly limited from there. Access to the footpath from Old Newton Road on the Bovey side of the A38, looks like parking possible.

DavidBrown

Accessing the old station from the A38 is actually fairly easy - simply a hop over the wooden fence, down the embankment and over another wooden fence and you're there.

One question I've always wondered though - would accessing the old platform be classed as trespassing? You don't need to actually go onto the tracks, but you are obviously on railway land that's not open to the public.

class57basher

Accessing the old station from the A38 is actually fairly easy - simply a hop over the wooden fence, down the embankment and over another wooden fence and you're there.

One question I've always wondered though - would accessing the old platform be classed as trespassing? You don't need to actually go onto the tracks, but you are obviously on railway land that's not open to the public.

Probably would be viewed as possibly tresspassing but could it be possible to photo from over the wooden fence and then thus not on the platform itself

DaveHarries

Established Member
Had a look myself and I agree with Marky.

[...] but could it be possible to photo from over the wooden fence and then thus not on the platform itself
Yes that could prove to be a good bet too. Perhaps don't go all the way to the fence before the platform unless you have to. Good luck with the photo. I would take an interest as well if there was a signalbox but I know there isn't one.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.