• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Heathrow Connect site online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Hayes & Harlington to Heathrow is the worst, £6 for a single. It's only 3 miles! £2 per mile :shock:

By contrast GNER's First Open Return London to Inverness is only £311, and that's a distance of over 550 miles each way. At Heathrow prices it would be over £2200 standard class. :lol:

York to Leeds would be £52 each way at those prices :shock:

Met Driver

Established Member
Is it likely that normal tickets (eg. travelcards) will be valid between Paddington and Hayes?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
setttt said:
Is it likely that normal tickets (eg. travelcards) will be valid between Paddington and Hayes?
Definite yes. There is an article on this in Modern Railways.

Julian G

Established Member
setttt said:
yes.!!!
Yipee!!!
Heathrow Connect to life!!!
class360_2_internet1303.jpg

and a new avatar!!! <D <D

jonb

Established Member
I've heard this 360/2's are'nt all that and that the interior colour and quality is poor. I'll find out tomorrow when I go on it anyway. ;)

jonb

Established Member
If you want i'll let you know if you CAN use travelcards or not then. Don't forget they are operating an hourly service today

Julian G

Established Member
jonb said:
If you want i'll let you know if you CAN use travelcards or not then. Don't forget they are operating an hourly service today
ok,let me know ok :)

T

Tom

Travelcards are valid between Hayes & Harlington and Paddington, with a £6 SDS being needed between Hayes & Harlington and Heathrow...

Julian G

Established Member
this is the fare for the airport workers :shock:
BAA/Airline ID discounts

If you currently hold a BAA ID card or Airline card, you are entitled to the following discounted travel between Hayes & Harlington and Heathrow Airport on the Heathrow Connect.

£40 monthly/£400 annual plus travel on all local buses in London
£20 Carnet (20 single tickets)

Additionally, if you already have a monthly or annual Heathrow Express Travel Card you will also be able to use Heathrow Connect between Hayes & Harlington and Heathrow Airport.

For single ticket purchases between Hayes & Harlington and Heathrow Airport you will benefit from a 50% discount on standard fares if purchased from the Heathrow Connect Ticket Office at Heathrow Airport.

Please note a penalty fares system is in operation on this route between London Paddington and Hayes & Harlington. Please ensure you purchase your ticket prior to boarding. Please note you must show your staff ID
now,for them it's a little joke ;)

Met Driver

Established Member
I have just sampled a 360 from Paddington to Ealing Broadway on my way home from Bridgend 37s. The verdict; pretty bloody good!

Julian G

Established Member
hmm, :)
i think it will be better than what we expect since sett says it was good :D

Status
Not open for further replies.