• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Heathrow express CSR

Status
Not open for further replies.

newuser

I have an assessment with Heathrow Express for CSR coming up soon, has anyone here been through this stage yet?? What can I expect. Also what happens after this stage??

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Clip

Established Member
Ive never been for one with them but with all/most customer service roles it will probably a maths and english test and then probably some role play. Im guessing if you pass those then you will be called for the interview unless they have it on the same day in the afternoon to get the process over with.

Have you had any customer service roles? Are you profficient with your speech and grasp of English and maths?

I've been through it but the process has changed a few times in the years since I passed. There wasn't any maths test when I did it (which was annoying as I especially tried to improve my maths after not doing very well in another TOCs assessment involving maths) and I suspect there still isn't. Customer service, reading, listening and understanding instructions were the main points of assessment for me.

My wife has applied and is doing the online test. Have you gone through that yet?

newuser

I have completed the online test, have an assessment soon. They sent me practice papers in the post. Any advice for the role play?

I have completed the online test, have an assessment soon. They sent me practice papers in the post. Any advice for the role play?

Just keep calm, try to address the customers needs with the limited resources you'll be given and try to come to some sort of compromise between what you're authorised to do and what the customer wants. Hope that makes sense. That's what I did.

332 > 444

Paul is right, it has changed over the years, as they also had the SCAAT test, reading comprehension. The role play has changed a lot and if you have no experiences giving good customer service then make it up. When it does come to the role play, always be sympathetic with the 'customer'

playmore64

Hi all,

I find their new recruitment process pretty weird last time I applied I had to complete a telephone interview then was invited for an assessment but I turned it down in the end which I regret.

This time round I had to complete an online test and failed.

I was quite disappointed seen as there wasn't really a wrong or right answer.

Never the less good luck to everyone invited to the assessment.

jonb

Established Member
Hi all,

I find their new recruitment process pretty weird last time I applied I had to complete a telephone interview then was invited for an assessment but I turned it down in the end which I regret.

This time round I had to complete an online test and failed.

I was quite disappointed seen as there wasn't really a wrong or right answer.

Never the less good luck to everyone invited to the assessment.

Sorry to hear you didn't get through. Just out of interest how did you find out that you failed, was it via email?

playmore64

Sorry to hear you didn't get through. Just out of interest how did you find out that you failed, was it via email?

Yeah absolutely gutted:(

As I conducted the online test I soon got an email, I believe I completed the online test in the morning and got an email at around lunchtime with the dreaded news seen as the tests had to be completed within 24 hours.

I was feeling pretty confident when I received a response so quickly.

Still can't believe how one can fail on that test, even I was impressed with the answers I gave oh well!

newuser

Hi guys, I have passed the written assessments and now have the work sample and interview coming up. Has anyone done the work sample before as I have never read about it before. Thanks again.

Clip

Established Member
Hi guys, I have passed the written assessments and now have the work sample and interview coming up. Has anyone done the work sample before as I have never read about it before. Thanks again.

Not for this exact role but I have done a 'work sample' test before to try it out for the next time we hire people.

It was based on sorting out peoples work days through understanding the instructions placed before you and sorting out who needs to be in what room at what time throughout the day with specific instructions daily.

Its quite hard to describe and looks confusing at first but its not all bad and its there to test you if you can plan and arrange things through working instructions.

Ill see if I can find a sample somewhere for you.

playmore64

Blooming heck you have to pass all these obstacles to secure a position with HEX.

What ever happened to the days of good old interview!

Clip

Established Member
Blooming heck you have to pass all these obstacles to secure a position with HEX.

What ever happened to the days of good old interview!

That'll probably come later. Though companies have been hit in the past through hiring incompetant staff who talk a good game at the interview but then become exposed later on the job and very hard to get rid of the, and very time consuming - so these sorts of tests and that weed out the worst and (should ;) ) get you the best of the group you have put forward.

Plus HR departments really do need something to do ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.