• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Heathrow Express with Day Travel Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmith300

NR is showing that an Off Peak Day Return/Off Peak Day Travel Card for a journey from Harpenden to Hayes and Harlington is valid on the Heathrow Express down to Heathrow and then back up to Hayes - is this actually true?

Train 16:58 Harpenden [HPD] London St Pancras International [STP] 17:25
Tube 17:25 London St Pancras International [STP] London Paddington [PAD] 18:10
Train 18:10 London Paddington [PAD] Heathrow Terminals 1, 2 and 3 [HXX] 18:25
Train 18:27 Heathrow Terminals 1, 2 and 3 [HXX] Hayes & Harlington [HAY] 18:32

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
I believe this is wrong, as you would be doubling back between Hayes + Harlington & Heathrow Airport.

cjohnson

Even more interesting is that NRE is offering Kentish Town-Hayes & Harlington via Heathrow on the HEx for £7.40. That's a nice discount on the £18 HEx single fare....

Can get the £7.40 fare from my local station in South London too. Dare I try it on my journey to Heathrow later this week? <D

34D

Established Member
I believe this is wrong, as you would be doubling back between Hayes + Harlington & Heathrow Airport.

Quite - though then again isn't this stretch not subject to NRCOC?

At https://www.heathrowexpress.com/conditions-of-carriage I can't see any mention of doubling back (but can anyone find any such conditions for Connect?)

sonic2009

Established Member
Travelcards are certainly not valid on Heathrow Express, and only valid on Heathrow Connect as far as Hayes + Harlington.

cjohnson

Something funny is going on - I'm pretty sure HEx won't take kindly to NRE offering an itinerary that includes travel
on the Express for only £3.10 :D

NR is showing that an Off Peak Day Return/Off Peak Day Travel Card for a journey from Harpenden to Hayes and Harlington is valid on the Heathrow Express down to Heathrow and then back up to Hayes - is this actually true?

Train 16:58 Harpenden [HPD] London St Pancras International [STP] 17:25
Tube 17:25 London St Pancras International [STP] London Paddington [PAD] 18:10
Train 18:10 London Paddington [PAD] Heathrow Terminals 1, 2 and 3 [HXX] 18:25
Train 18:27 Heathrow Terminals 1, 2 and 3 [HXX] Hayes & Harlington [HAY] 18:32

That 2 minute connection at Heathrow Central is precarious. Typically the Express trains leave Padd a few minutes late at this time of day or if they leave on time they can catch up to the 1822 departure. At the moment there is also a 50mph TSR on the down main which further makes the chances of making that connection slimmer still. For a more realistic journey plan (and one that avoids the hassle of trying to blag a journey on HEx with a travelcard) take the 1815 stopper, which gets to Hayes at 1833. :D

Deerfold

Veteran Member
That 2 minute connection at Heathrow Central is precarious. Typically the Express trains leave Padd a few minutes late at this time of day or if they leave on time they can catch up to the 1822 departure. At the moment there is also a 50mph TSR on the down main which further makes the chances of making that connection slimmer still. For a more realistic journey plan (and one that avoids the hassle of trying to blag a journey on HEx with a travelcard) take the 1815 stopper, which gets to Hayes at 1833. :D

I don't think the point is getting to Hayes & Harlington but whether the itinery via Hex is valid/would be accepted.

It is a suprisingly small connection time at Heathrow - I wonder if the connection time is 0 in the system if it wasn't expected to be needed?

jsmith300

I don't think the point is getting to Hayes & Harlington but whether the itinery via Hex is valid/would be accepted.

It is a suprisingly small connection time at Heathrow - I wonder if the connection time is 0 in the system if it wasn't expected to be needed?

Deerfold is correct - I was just wondering if it would be accepted since it says it is valid on NRE

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares

It's given explicitly as 2 minutes in the database (in the Master Station Names file, available at data.atoc.org). Terminals 4 and 5 have a more normal-looking connection time of 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.