• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Heathrow Station departure boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

David Goddard

Established Member
I assume you are looking on National Rail Live Departures.

This would be because Heathrow stations are not part of National Rail, they are BAA.

They used to be there until some point in 2011 (when the NRES website was modified perhaps??). I used to check on them fairly regularly.

They are still shown on the NRES iPhone app.

rmt-driver

They used to be there until some point in 2011 (when the NRES website was modified perhaps??). I used to check on them fairly regularly.

They are still shown on the NRES iPhone app.

I thout they were... I wonder why they were removed. Incidentally, didn't anyone agree that the layout and style of the OLD live departure board was much much better than the current one?

ex-railwayman

You want to check your train times on here - http://www.opentraintimes.com/
Type in your location, and it can be any station, click on the icon top right from normal to advanced and it gives you the train times, reporting numbers, and if you click on the actual info.icon on a particular service it gives you a breakdown of all stations it stops at, and timings, the site also used to convey freight train times, but, that's been taken down for the time being, so, just passenger trains and bus services where applicable (Heathrow for example) at present.

Give it a whirl, it's free......:D

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
You want to check your train times on here - http://www.opentraintimes.com/
Type in your location, and it can be any station, click on the icon top right from normal to advanced and it gives you the train times, reporting numbers, and if you click on the actual info.icon on a particular service it gives you a breakdown of all stations it stops at, and timings, the site also used to convey freight train times, but, that's been taken down for the time being, so, just passenger trains and bus services where applicable (Heathrow for example) at present.

Give it a whirl, it's free......:D

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.
But not currently any use for checking live departures. Like you can on NRE live departure boards.

Poggs

But not currently any use for checking live departures. Like you can on NRE live departure boards.

I'm working on it :) I've had a TRUST feed from Network Rail for about nine months, along with a TD and VSTP feed. Integrating those in to a real time system is not easy when you have a full-time job doing other things!

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I'm working on it :) I've had a TRUST feed from Network Rail for about nine months, along with a TD and VSTP feed. Integrating those in to a real time system is not easy when you have a full-time job doing other things!

Like many, I think OTT is great, and look forward to future developments. Thanks for all your efforts, much appreciated. :D

I was just highlighting what I considered a slight flaw in the given plan as I saw it.

Status
Not open for further replies.