• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Heathrow to Whitland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crumb

Hi everyone, this is my first post. Apologies in advance for any mistakes!

Hubby and I are travelling from Heathrow to Whitland on 7th June 2018. No earlier than 15.00, we have a Two Together and he has a Senior railcard. Looking at avoiding Paddington so maybe Hayes & Harlington, then Reading, Swansea, Whitland. I've found a ticket later in the day for £75.90 but according to Red Spotted Hanky its a Super Off Peak. I want to book through them as I have £40 worth of vouchers. If I go ahead and book will the tickets be valid for this journey? Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
If you are booking through any site which offers you an itinerary against a ticket, then the ticket it sells you is by default always valid for the journey listed.

Veteran Member
The restriction code is YN which reads
OUTWARD TRAVEL
Not valid on train timed to depart::
London Paddington...after 15:01 and before 19:01;
Reading...after 15:30 and before 19:01.
The computer seems to ignore the fact that the train from Hayes starts at Paddington, which is good news.

Crumb

That's really useful, thank you both for your help. What a wonderful resource!!

MarlowDonkey

The restriction code is YN which reads
OUTWARD TRAVEL
Not valid on train timed to depart::
London Paddington...after 15:01 and before 19:01;
Reading...after 15:30 and before 19:01.
The computer seems to ignore the fact that the train from Hayes starts at Paddington, which is good news.

Not so much as you think, as you would have to change at Reading. There's an alternative in the Railair bus from Heathrow to Reading. I assume combined tickets are available. Given the timings you may have to buy Off Peak rather than Super Off Peak.

Veteran Member
Not so much as you think, as you would have to change at Reading. There's an alternative in the Railair bus from Heathrow to Reading. I assume combined tickets are available. Given the timings you may have to buy Off Peak rather than Super Off Peak.
Well, it means the OP can get to Whitland the same evening at a bargain price. The Railair bus has the same Reading restriction and is a tenner more.

Status
Not open for further replies.