• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Heaton Tramway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Crimson_Quiff

Ruddy excellent, Kevin! Very impressed! Thanks for visiting Heaton Park and showing your support, matey :) I only say that as I am a member of the tramway (not a working one, a freeloader! :lol:) and with the imminant descent of Blackpool cars on the site, I like to see the tramway go from strength to strength.

Also, well done on getting that snowy shot of the Balloon cars at Baron Street! Reminds me of Blackpool in the Winter! :D

Crimson_Quiff

:D
Wot are you getting from Blackpool!

- The two Balloons currently at Baron Street, Bury.

- 752, also at Baron Street (was at Heaton Park and worked for a while before going into storage at the ELR).

- 680 (I think?), unsure of current location.

And 623 is already at HP and working! So that's 5 cars altogether! I'm looking forward to seeing them all there together. I see another Blackpool day coming on... :D

MJBryan1979

Sorry bit late in spotting this.

As one of the guards at the Heaton Park Tramway I just wanted to say how pleased I was that you enjoyed your visit.

Although I wasnt guarding myself that day as I was sorting uniform for the major influx of new members we have had recently, I am very glad that your visit was positive.

Martin

Crimson_Quiff

Sorry bit late in spotting this.

Although I wasnt guarding myself that day as I was sorting uniform for the major influx of new members we have had recently, I am very glad that your visit was positive.

Martin

I'm not surprised, Martin! You don't think it's anything to do with the Blackpool cars, do you? :lol:

MJBryan1979

Some are but some are more keen to get started on the likes of Rawtenstall 23. Its always good to have that balance, and especially so to have a younger volunteer base to learn from the old masters.

Crimson_Quiff

Some are but some are more keen to get started on the likes of Rawtenstall 23. Its always good to have that balance, and especially so to have a younger volunteer base to learn from the old masters.

Ah, well that's good. I like that too. Not just the Blackpool cars that bring the younger volunteers in! Plus, I like a preserved tramway to have a variety of trams from different eras and areas of the country. That's despite I am primarily Blackpool Car-orientated! :lol:

The more variety, the better.

jnrsnr

Martin is most definitely right. i know i for one would much rather see Manchester 173 and Rottenstall 23 running but i also enjoy the Blackpool cars to add a bit more variety to the fleet. and as the 3rd generation of volunteers at Heaton park I very much look forward the expansion of the fleet whatever it is that we run.

Status
Not open for further replies.