• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hebden Bridge to York - permitted routes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

D841 Roebuck

Established Member
I'm thinking ahead to the NRM's gronkfest in March.

Cheapest route Rochdale to York involves splitting at Hebden Bridge. CDR from HBD to YRK is route "any permitted". Can any of you clever folk with maps and routing guides advise just what liberties are permitted by this description?

I know via Bradford Interchange is permitted (direct trains and shortest route), and via Dewsbury likewise (within 3 miles of shortest, but what about the following:
Via Harrogate?
Via Selby?
Via Pontefract (walking between stations)?
Via Wakefield Kirkgate and Normanton?

Any advice gratefully received!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I recommend trainscanbecheaper.info if you're struggling to interpret the Routeing Guide.

Trainscanbecheaper said:
Permitted routes from HEBDEN BRIDGE to YORK route ANY PERMITTED
  • HEBDEN BRIDGE is associated with these routeing points: BLACKBURN, Halifax Group, Manchester Group.
  • YORK is a routeing point.
The following are ALWAYS Permitted routes:

• Any direct trains advertised from HEBDEN BRIDGE to YORK in the current timetable
  • The shortest route with a regular train service, not including walks and transfers (52.13 miles): Show route in detail
    • HEBDEN BRIDGE
    • Halifax Group
    • Bradford Group
    • Leeds Group
    • YORK
The following are Permitted unless there is an easement preventing them:

So yes, it is permited to go via Harrogate (York-Leeds is permitted and there are no intermediate routeing points on the route via Harrogate) or via Selby.

The Huddersfield-Wakefield line is not included, and neither is the section of track between Pontefract & Church Fenton.

D841 Roebuck

Established Member
Thanks very much for the quick reply. As I need the curve from York to Selby via Church Fenton I may well do a spot of fluorescent citrine yellow highlightering that day as well as the planned red penning...

Status
Not open for further replies.