• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Heljan Hymek

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
Hi guys,
Two guys from Heljan came to the East Lancs Railway on Saturday, to get some sounds for their new model. They arrived at the diesel department (where, by the way I now work!), and took loads of sounds of the Hymek revving up, horns etc. Then, just for the, we took the Hymek into service, and double headed it onto 40135 - only for them to get some real thrash up the hill to Heywood from Bury!

They are making a new Hymek model with sounds in it, so when it moves it makes the relevant sounds...don't know what scale (hopefully 00), but it sounds good!

If you not sure what a Hymek is, here is D7076 from the ELR, which the sounds are taken from:
7076_36.jpg

Just thought you may be interested. ;)

(Oh, and BTW, I got a cab ride in 40135, from Heywood to Rawtenstall return too!:p :D )

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Snap

Established Member
dvn1357 said:
A model with sounds?? That's a first!

They need to develop 'Live "Diesel"' With a grid <D

Yeah, imagine - you get a class 47 fior example, a litlle pot of diesel, and some cleaning substances. Pour the diesel into the model, and turn it on!!! Turn the 'Clag Notch' up to full - Clag galore......:p <D

devon_metro

Established Member
Why i was thinking more along the lines of a 56! Build a nice gradient and put some rocks in some wagons (not that i do that LOL)

theblackwatch

Established Member
I would presume a model of D7076 would have to be louder than any other Hymek, in order to replicate the real thing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.