• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hellifield to Settle Jnc

Status
Not open for further replies.

feldom76

Hi

Just checked working timetable and it show train 5M48 leaving Hellifield at 9:52 going to Settle Jnc and returning to Hellifield.
It leaves again at 14:32 as 5M51 to do the same round trip.
It runs Sundays only until 14/05/17.
Can anyone tell me what this working is, please?

Cheers

Mike

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gnolife

Established Member
Hi

Just checked working timetable and it show train 5M48 leaving Hellifield at 9:52 going to Settle Jnc and returning to Hellifield.

Cheers

Mike

ECS for the services from Preston

feldom76

Thanks for the reply.
Did a bit more digging and found the connecting train from/to Preston.
Thought they could have done the cross-over at Hellifield and put the ECS in one of the goods loops without going to Settle Jnc.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Thanks for the reply.
Did a bit more digging and found the connecting train from/to Preston.
Thought they could have done the cross-over at Hellifield and put the ECS in one of the goods loops without going to Settle Jnc.

I don't think there is a straightforward crossover at Hellifield. By the time it would have shunted to a goods siding it's probably just as quick and easy to go to Settle Jn. I'm taking my layout facts from an old Quail map so things could have changed since then.

Hi

Cheers

Mike

It is the empty stock move to form the return working back to Preston/Blackpool.
Despite all the track work at Hellifield there is no signalled move from either the Horrocksford line or the Skipton line back into the Up platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.