• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Help and advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

colchesterken

Had microsoft train sim with the London-Brighton add on
Many happy hours spent driving up and down BML
Now purchased computer windows 10 Loaded up it will not work
Looked online there lots advertised but they all say XP is there a new version for windows 10
Tried downloading a free one could not make that work
Anyone know what I need ? thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Crossover

Established Member
MSTS doesn't appear to run on Windows 10 - I tried it the other week for the nostalgia and it didn't work. There were suggestions online of things to try that may resolve it - I tried a couple which didn't then gave up, for now at least

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
Had microsoft train sim with the London-Brighton add on
Many happy hours spent driving up and down BML
Now purchased computer windows 10 Loaded up it will not work
Looked online there lots advertised but they all say XP is there a new version for windows 10
Tried downloading a free one could not make that work
Anyone know what I need ? thanks

Somewhere in the control panel of Windows there is the option to turn back the OS to a previous version - its how I still get MS Golf to play on my windows 10 pc when it was built for Windows 98.

Doing that should allow you to play MSTS

Crossover

Established Member
Somewhere in the control panel of Windows there is the option to turn back the OS to a previous version - its how I still get MS Golf to play on my windows 10 pc when it was built for Windows 98.

Doing that should allow you to play MSTS

I'm not sure it is that simple with MSTS - I changed the compatibility settings and it didn't really help. I think one of the issues with MSTS may be over graphics compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.