• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

help and opinions on charge RE: privilege card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genki

exactly right, my daughter gets bad anxiety as it is, so this has aggravated that a lot! But yes we know it will all blow over and we've been co-operative the whole way through with anyone we've dealt with.
I'm not actually sure whether EMT wrote us a letter with words to that effect, my husband lives at a different address so I've not actually seen the letter sent by ATOC/Network Rail or any recipt sent by EMT, but at the interview they did say that they were happy with the outcome and weren't going to persue it anymore.
I hope you're right, Dave! I re-read those guidelines in passing and it seemed like RSTL are supposed to be the ones to carry out any interviews...
"the individual alleged to have committed a travel irregularity must be given the opportunity to put his/her side of the case. RSTL will carry out this exercise via the employer for active staff and their dependants..."
It says RSTL will carry out the exercise, so I wondered if they will disregard that we've already had dealings with EMT and claim it's nothing to do with them and that we're going to have a re-run of what we've already been through? We've accepted that they're most likely going to remove the priv card from her. We just don't want to have to go through any more interviews etc as that has been the most stressful part of the whole thing!
Can't thank you enough, Dave, you're always so informative and been a great help to us through this

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stena

Just to throw my tuppence worth in to the mix - I deal with all the travel facilities for Stena Line, and am involved at the opposite end of the travel irregularities. I have to decide what to do in these types of cases: there are very strict rules laid down by ATOC which state what constitues cases of dishonesty, and what the outcome of our investigations must be. Unfortunately writing in pencil or alteration of dates is considered an act of dishonesty and travel facilities must be permanently withdrawn from the individual, or from the whole family if the staff member is the culprit. We are even told that we must not listen to any sob stories, so there is very little leaway for discretion. Many TOCs do not prosecute at all, while others seem to go over-the-top. I find most TOCs I deal with are happy if I contact them and in cases like this they are usually satisfied if I provide the staff member with a reminder of the Terms & Conditions of use of their Rail Cards or withdraw the cards for one year only in more difficult cases. Where there is clear evidence of dishonesty then I have no hesitation in withdrawing the cards permanently: I would never wish to endanger this fantastic benefit for the majority who use them correctly.

Flamingo

Established Member
Just to throw my tuppence worth in to the mix - I deal with all the travel facilities for Stena Line, and am involved at the opposite end of the travel irregularities.

I use my Stenna discount more than any other. I would NEVER do ANYTHING to endanger it, it's worth too much to me! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.