• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Help between Sleaford & Dundee

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainfanatic

My missus plans to travel to Dundee anytime between now and end March to visit family as our Xmas road trip was cancelled due to weather conditions. Typically, she would leave on a Thursday & return the following Monday. Any routeing is OK. Cheapest fare we could find was around £48 return. She is not entiltled to any railcard.

Thanks guys.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

John @ home

Established Member
My missus plans to travel to Dundee anytime between now and end March to visit family as our Xmas road trip was cancelled due to weather conditions. Typically, she would leave on a Thursday & return the following Monday. Any routeing is OK. Cheapest fare we could find was around £48 return. She is not entiltled to any railcard.
There is currently an offer for travel on East Coast in conjunction with vouchers printed in some Johnston Press local newspapers. It is not clear to me from the web site whether the Sleaford Standard or Grantham Journal are participating in the offer. It has been reported in this thread that the Newcastle Chronicle, Scotland on Sunday and the Yorkshire Post are printing vouchers.

You need to collect the right number of vouchers and book online at least 3 weeks in advance. Travel 1 February - 31 March 2010, avoiding 12-21 February. No changes or refunds allowed. You are advised not to wait to collect all the vouchers before booking.

Currently, using the Newcastle Chronicle link above, I am offered this
Thu 11 Mar 2010
14:44 Grantham - Doncaster 15:22
15:30 Doncaster - Dundee 19:52
Reader Offer Single £11.50 Standard or £31.50 First Class

Mon 15 Mar 2010
11:06 Dundee - York 14:51
15:11 York - Grantham 16:19
Reader Offer Single £11.50 Standard or £31.50 First Class
If the journey started and finished at Sleaford, you would need to buy separate Sleaford - Grantham singles at £5.10 each way. Minimum total cost £33.20.

Status
Not open for further replies.