• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Help! Booking tickets for next month

Status
Not open for further replies.

blakey1152

I'm "trying" to use my phone to access websites to purchase train tickets from Slade Green to Preston on Friday 21st May returning on Sunday 23rd May.

First option, I tried southeasterns web site which gave me the fare and allowed me to select reservations for the Friday but wouldn't give me any details on a return journey... in fact when I tried a reverse booking by looking up Preston to Slade Green on the 23rd May it yielded no results.

So I went over to Avantis west coast web site on my phone and you'd think they don't want to sell you a ticket! I couldn't find a booking engine anywhere.

It's been a while since I bought a ticket but if anyone can direct me to a site without booking fees that I can buy the ticket I want (off peak return) that would be marvellous!!

Thank you :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

317 forever

Established Member
I had an odd experience booking Avanti from Stockport to London Euston for the day on Saturday May 22nd. I did get Advance singles both ways but only confirmation of a seat on the outbound journey.

Mike99

Appears to be a frustrating swings and roundabouts situation, I managed to get for my step-son, Cambridge to Hinckley with XC on Saturday 29th May returning Wednesday 2nd June with both standard and 1st class choice available for all of the hourly morning services from Cambridge, and late morning lunchtime services for the return.

Status
Not open for further replies.