• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Help! BVE causing restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

I have installed BVE2 and 4 on an old PC that used to run them fine. But the problem is now both of them cause it to restart when you exit. Any ideas?:mad:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Guinness

Established Member
Edit: The stuff belows means nothing to you. Misread your question, you may as well try it though could help solve the problem.
----------------

Sounds like Windows restarts when there is an error. You need to fiddle about with a setting on Windows and not BVE.

Do this:
  1. From the desktop right click on My Computer.
  2. Click the Properties option.
  3. In the System Properties window click the Advanced tab.
  4. In Advanced click the Settings button under Startup and Recovery.
  5. In the Startup and Recovery window uncheck the Automatically restart check box.
  6. Click Ok.

Does it only happen if you run BVE 4 in full screen but not in windowed mode?

It happens to me as well from time to time and no amount of graphics card update could solve it.

Edit: I remembered that not so long ago I had played an online game and it restarts in the middle. Upon checking the game's forum, they said its soemthing to do with a "memory leak". Although Im not very good the the programming side of softwares, I wonder if it would be cause.

Chris

They seem to be working OK now of their own accord, I don't know what caused the problem.

Thanks Chaz for your idea, I remember using this in the past and had forgotten about it so Ive changed the option now anyway incase it decides to mess up again.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.