• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Help - computer says no to my season ticket/travelcard option

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoneking

I want to add or change a point to point season ticket from Lewisham (zone 2/3) to Woking to also include a zones 2-6 travelcard. But computer says I must have an all zones 1-6 travelcard. I don't want to include zone1, I don't want to use the underground at all. I do need to go to London terminals, just as I can currently. The difference in price between Lew - Wok and Wok inc zones 1-6 is £304. Surely a zones 2-6 would be cheaper? Why can't the system accept that I only want to travel to london terminals, not zone 1?<(

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dan_atki

Established Member
Because London Terminals are in zone 1, the system is simply giving you a 1-6 travelcard (with an extension onto Woking) rather than a Lewisham to Woking season + a 2-6 travelcard.

Crossover

Established Member
As in main London Terminals (Euston, Kings Cross etc) as are they not in Zone 1?

zoneking

Yes, they are in zone 1, but currently I am allowed to go to route "London not und" without having zone 1, so why can't this continue with having a zone2-6 as well?

t0ffeeman

...but Waterloo is in Zone 1 so you have to pay for it. Your point to point seems to suit you better.

OwlMan

Established Member
Yes, they are in zone 1, but currently I am allowed to go to route "London not und" without having zone 1, so why can't this continue with having a zone2-6 as well?

Yes but you have not got a zonal ticket at present you have a point to point one. If you change to a zonal ticket you will need zone 1 to use any station in zone 1

Peter

t0ffeeman

Maybe it will be best to buy a Vauxhall(london Terminals) - Lewisham Point to Point plus a Woking - 23456 Travelcard. I'll look it up!

John @ home

Established Member
Maybe it will be best to buy a Vauxhall(london Terminals) - Lewisham Point to Point plus a Woking - 23456 Travelcard. I'll look it up!

One difficulty with this suggestion is that Vauxhall - Lewisham tickets are issued as "London Terminals - Lewisham".

John

OwlMan

Established Member
You could of course take a longer route that does not enter zone 1 - e.g.Train to Elmers End & Tram to Wimbledon. There will be other routes available

Peter

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
One difficulty with this suggestion is that Vauxhall - Lewisham tickets are issued as "London Terminals - Lewisham".

John

I don't see how that is a problem. Vauxhall is classified as either zone 1 or 2, a 'London Terminals' ticket is valid to Vauxhall provided you don't pass through or stop at Farringdon, or use DLR, London Underground or London Bus services.

With a route of Lewisham-Waterloo East Waterloo-Woking, I can't see a problem with using it.

FRPP says:

FRPP said:
Tickets with the Destination or Origin ‘LONDON TERMINALS’
Fares for travel to and from London Terminals are shown in your TIS or the Fares Finder and are valid at the following London Stations subject to the route of the rail journey being undertaken, but do not include travel between these stations on London Underground, Docklands Light Railway or London Buses. (In addition London Terminals fares are not valid if travelling beyond St. Pancras International from the north or beyond City Thameslink from the south.)

City Thameslink
London Liverpool Street
London Blackfriars
London Paddington
London Bridge
London St Pancras International
London Cannon Street
London Victoria
London Charing Cross
London Waterloo
London Euston
Moorgate Underground*
London Fenchurch Street
Old Street Underground
London Kings Cross
Vauxhall
London Marylebone

For example:-

· A ticket from ‘Birmingham Stations’ to ‘LONDON TERMINALS’ may be valid to Euston or Marylebone, or both, but it is not valid for onward travel to Liverpool Street or Victoria via London Underground.

· A ticket from ‘LONDON TERMINALS’ to ‘Brighton’ route ‘ANY PERMITTED’ is valid from Blackfriars, Cannon Street, Charing Cross, City Thameslink, London Bridge, Victoria, Vauxhall or Waterloo. It is not however valid from Euston or any other designated London terminal station.

A Travelcard or other ticket valid for travel in Zone U1 will be required if the customer wishes to end or start their journey at any other London terminal station not on the line of route.

t0ffeeman

Lewisham - Vauxhall £580
Woking -23456 £2736
Total £3316. No point doing this as more than through ticket.
Woking -123456 £3052

Considering Lewisham - Woking £2748 is only £12 more than the 23456 it seems best to keep that ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.