Help...Delay Repay

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by Wolfie, 27 May 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolfie

Wolfie Established Member

I was booked on an Advance ticket with Virgin from Euston to Wellington (Salop) on 2 May. I was scheduled to leave Euston at 0858 arriving Birmingham, New Street 1027, departing 1105 arWellington at 1159. I was caught up in the chaos on the WCML in the Birmingham /Coventry that day. The 0858 was cancelled and l was unable, due amongst other things to hoards of 'charming' Millwall fans pushing on, to get on the late running 083something (l had made notes but lost the paper!).

I ended up getting a train over an hour later (more Millwall fans annoyed that they'd miss the start of the football) and arrived well over an hour late. I want to make a delay repay claim (and need to do so online immediately) but need to confirm the times of the trains l actually got. Does anyone have any suggestions how l can do that? Realtime, at least on my phone, only goes back 7 days.

Ta in advance for any assistance

2. bb21

bb21 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

3. gray1404

gray1404 Established Member

Don't worry about filling in the delay repay form. Just send an email to customer.relations@virgintrains.co.uk and explain what you have above. Attach a copy of your ticket. They'll most likely send you rail travel vouchers for the full amount of the ticket. Don't say you are claiming delay repay. Just say you are making a formal complaint.

4. Wolfie

Ta for this helpful suggestion which I have pursued. Watch this space...

Last edited: 28 May 2015
  5. gray1404

Your welcome! I'm highly confidant you'll hear something back in the post next week! Let us know on here how you get on.

6. Wolfie

Full refund (well an RTV to the value of) received yesterday! Ta for your assistance.. my next fun and frolics (Gatwick to London ticket sales issues) to follow in a new thread!!!

7. gray1404

Your most welcome!

Great! If your traveling on an single (which you would be on an Advance) and were delayed by more then hour, as in your case, you are entitled to a full refund by way of Rail Travel Voucher.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.