• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Help finding a certain rail map of south/west yorkshire

Status
Not open for further replies.

New2Trains

I'm not sure if i'm in the correct section here but i'm hoping you can still help me.

I need help with finding a current rail map of both South Yorkshire and West Yorkshire showing all the stations within those boundaries. I've tried googling but im struggling to find what i need and all the national ones are so big they are just confusing without any boundary markers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NorthernSpirit

Established Member
Last edited:

Barnsley

For West Yorkshire go to wymetro.com
For South Yorkshire go to travelsouthyorkshire.com

Beaten to it!

New2Trains

There are four boundary stations (Denby Dale, Darton, Moorthorpe and South Elmsall) where both counties ticketing schemes are valid to.
Oh i didnt know that, i thought South Elmsall would have been classed as west.

So is everything within the first 5 colours classed as west yorkshire on the wymetro pdf? and everything in the grey is south on the other?

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member

So is everything within the first 5 colours classed as west yorkshire on the wymetro pdf? and everything in the grey is south on the other?
The boundary stations are effectively in both in terms of PTE subsidy and validity of multi-modal tickets. South Elmsall, Moorthorpe and Denby Dale are geographically in West Yorkshire (South Elmsall's post town is Pontefract) and Darton is geographically in South Yorkshire.

This overlap doesn't exist between West Yorkshire and Greater Manchester PTE areas, which is why a single between Marsden and Greenfield is so expensive for the distance.

Andyh82

Established Member

Good point, yes only zones 1 to 5 are West Yorkshire. Zones 6 & 7 are in North Yorkshire where certain, but not all, Metro benefits apply.

geoffk

Established Member
The boundary stations are effectively in both in terms of PTE subsidy and validity of multi-modal tickets. South Elmsall, Moorthorpe and Denby Dale are geographically in West Yorkshire (South Elmsall's post town is Pontefract) and Darton is geographically in South Yorkshire.

This overlap doesn't exist between West Yorkshire and Greater Manchester PTE areas, which is why a single between Marsden and Greenfield is so expensive for the distance.
or between Greater Manchester and Merseyside, despite the proximity of Bryn and Garswood!

unlevel42

Just a reminder that the The SYConnect+ Day ticket is only valid between stations within South Yorkshire (plus Denby Dale, Moorthorpe and South Elmsall).
So you cannot use the The SYConnect+ Day rover ticket and an onward ticket to a destination outside the County unless the train stops at Moorthorpe, or Darton, or Dore, or Thorne N&S, or Kiveton. This is unlike other day rover combinations.

geoffk

Established Member
Just a reminder that the The SYConnect+ Day ticket is only valid between stations within South Yorkshire (plus Denby Dale, Moorthorpe and South Elmsall).
So you cannot use the The SYConnect+ Day rover ticket and an onward ticket to a destination outside the County unless the train stops at Moorthorpe, or Darton, or Dore, or Thorne N&S, or Kiveton. This is unlike other day rover combinations.
So I take it that means National Rail Conditions of Travel 14.2 does not apply.

AM9

Veteran Member
So if the SY Connect+ ticket isn't fully compliant with NRCoT, how about time restrictions during the evening peak on NT? I can't find any detail on these tickets.

johnnychips

Established Member
^ one of the best things about the SY Connect + ticket is that you can use it any time of day. If you want to try and combine it with another ticket, not sure.

unlevel42

Regarding the validity of the South Yorkshire rover ticket, this was the reply I received from Travelmaster.

"This is the For context, TravelMaster are an independent commercial ticketing company that provides multi-modal, multi-operator ticketing for the Sheffield City Region and as such our products comply with our own terms and conditions (http://sytravelmaster.com/terms-and-conditions/) which customers are bound by when they buy one of our products.
Unfortunately, our own terms and conditions are separate from the National Rail Conditions of Travel (as per condition 14.4 of NRCoT) so condition 14.2 of (NRCoT) does not apply to the SYConnect+.
Our SYConnect+ product is valid for journeys on all train journeys which start and finish in the South Yorkshire zone which comprises of 32 stations (http://sytravelmaster.com/zone-map/south-yorkshire/). We’ve paraphrased 2.3.2 from our own T&CS for clarity on this:
“Products that include rail travel can only be used for journeys to or from stations at which passengers can board or alight. They cannot be used as part-payment for journeys that go beyond a Product’s valid zone(s), except as payment for travel between two or more stations within the valid zone where You have purchased a valid ticket for the rest of the journey at the time of departure.
For example, if you purchase a Product that is valid for rail travel in the SYConnect+ zone and You want to travel from Sheffield to Goole on a train that stops at Thorne North, you could use the Product as part payment in respect of Your journey from Sheffield to Thorne North, provided that the service stops at Thorne North and You have a valid ticket from Thorne North to Goole at the time of departure from Sheffield.” "
We do hope this provides clarity on our product and TravelMaster’s conditions of use.

AM9

Veteran Member
Regarding the validity of the South Yorkshire rover ticket, this was the reply I received from Travelmaster.

"This is the For context, TravelMaster are an independent commercial ticketing company that provides multi-modal, multi-operator ticketing for the Sheffield City Region and as such our products comply with our own terms and conditions (http://sytravelmaster.com/terms-and-conditions/) which customers are bound by when they buy one of our products.
Unfortunately, our own terms and conditions are separate from the National Rail Conditions of Travel (as per condition 14.4 of NRCoT) so condition 14.2 of (NRCoT) does not apply to the SYConnect+.
Our SYConnect+ product is valid for journeys on all train journeys which start and finish in the South Yorkshire zone which comprises of 32 stations (http://sytravelmaster.com/zone-map/south-yorkshire/). We’ve paraphrased 2.3.2 from our own T&CS for clarity on this:
“Products that include rail travel can only be used for journeys to or from stations at which passengers can board or alight. They cannot be used as part-payment for journeys that go beyond a Product’s valid zone(s), except as payment for travel between two or more stations within the valid zone where You have purchased a valid ticket for the rest of the journey at the time of departure.
For example, if you purchase a Product that is valid for rail travel in the SYConnect+ zone and You want to travel from Sheffield to Goole on a train that stops at Thorne North, you could use the Product as part payment in respect of Your journey from Sheffield to Thorne North, provided that the service stops at Thorne North and You have a valid ticket from Thorne North to Goole at the time of departure from Sheffield.” "
We do hope this provides clarity on our product and TravelMaster’s conditions of use.
Thanks for that.
So as I see it, I can travel from Sheffield to Doncaster and back by any train. If I wanted to travel from Doncaster to Leeds, provided I held valid ticket from South Elmsall to Leeds when boarding at Doncaster, provided that train stopped at South Elmsall, I wouldn't need to alight there. However, it wouldn't be acceptable to purchase an excess on board the train.

I used to do this back in 1998 at uni on a placement. I had a student metro card and I’d catch the train at Sandal and Agbrigg, show the guard the metro card and ask for a return from south elmsall to Bentley

Barnsley

I used to do this back in 1998 at uni on a placement. I had a student metro card and I’d catch the train at Sandal and Agbrigg, show the guard the metro card and ask for a return from south elmsall to Bentley

I used to do this aswell going home to Barnsley while living in Leeds, used to buy YP railcard single from Darton to Barnsley from the guard (at Leeds if the Barnsley train was a 142 I’d go to Shipley and back on a 308 then get the next one an hour later)

I used to do this aswell going home to Barnsley while living in Leeds, used to buy YP railcard single from Darton to Barnsley from the guard (at Leeds if the Barnsley train was a 142 I’d go to Shipley and back on a 308 then get the next one an hour later)
thankfully the Doncaster trains were quite decent 3** something trains (I wasn’t in the know back then) The trek from student halls, hungover on an icy winter morning wasn’t so good, neither was the return if I was stuck on the wrong side of the crossing at Bentley if they’d held it closed after the southbound train!

AM9

Veteran Member
But unlevel42's post (#12) implies that unde the SY Connect+ ticket that isn't possible as the guard on a Northern Doncaster-Leeds trainwouldn't recognise the connect card as one that the NRCoT rule 14.4 applied to. Therefore he/she couldn't offer a ticket to geographically extend its validity.

But unlevel42's post (#12) implies that unde the SY Connect+ ticket that isn't possible as the guard on a Northern Doncaster-Leeds trainwouldn't recognise the connect card as one that the NRCoT rule 14.4 applied to. Therefore he/she couldn't offer a ticket to geographically extend its validity.
I had a WYPTE Metrocard valid to South Elmsall, then purchased a day return between South Elmsall and Bentley. I wasn’t extending the validity I purchased a new ticket on the train. Sandal and Agbrigg is basically a bus shelter on a wooden platform which did not have ticket facilities.

- aah I see post 12 refers to the origins being in South Yorkshire. I was coming from a different area , an early form of split ticketing.

I used to do the same travelling from Leeds to Meadowhall but you restricted yourself to trains Stopping at Moorthorpe, for example

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.