• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

help for friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilisang123

What happens if you get a letter from TFL saying 'following an investigation into this matter, i can confirm no further action will be taken'

Does this mean they are still investigating into the zip card/checking cctv for WHO is the culprit and do they send the zip card back to the owner??!!

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JN114

Established Member
What happens if you get a letter from TFL saying 'following an investigation into this matter, i can confirm no further action will be taken'

Does this mean they are still investigating into the zip card/checking cctv for WHO is the culprit and do they send the zip card back to the owner??!!

Thanks

I suspect the experts here are going to need an awful lot more context to what you’re asking here to be able to help accurately.

I think it means they won't investigate the incident further, they won't check CCTV, and they won't send the zip card back to owner.

matt_world2004

Established Member
No further action means they are going to stop investigating /prosecuting misuse of the zip card.

If it was your zip card that was stolen this is a bad outcome.

If you misused the zip card it's a good outcome for you

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Wait so if it was stolen is there a way to get it back (asking for a friend)
We will need more information to help you, i.e. the questions asked above. And let's not beat about the bush and pretend this is for a friend :lol:

matt_world2004

Established Member
Wait so if it was stolen is there a way to get it back (asking for a friend)
It's only £10 to get another one. They are unlikely to return it if it has been misused. If the pass was reported beforehand it was stolen it would have been hotlisted and blocked from use.

lilisang123

We will need more information to help you, i.e. the questions asked above. And let's not beat about the bush and pretend this is for a friend :lol:
It is for my friend (person A) She said her friend (person B) used her zip card and then gave person As name. Person A was able to clear her name somehow i presume (by whatever tfl wrote back to her) but she doesnt know if her card will be sent back to her. Im not beating around the bush its a genuine question (she was worried about posting a question herself).

Last edited by a moderator:

island

Veteran Member
based on the information you've provided:

The correct holder of the card will need to apply for a new one.

The person caught misusing the card is off the hook.

However, if you have left out relevant information, I reserve the right to update this answer accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.