• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Help help help! Staff pass!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizmogle

Established Member
*Panics*
I'm turning 16 soon and I have to get a new staff pass with a picture and everything, but I have to send the one I'm using at the moment to the rail house in Manchester...
So I'm gonna be stuck without a pass.
Is there any kind of temporary thing I can get? Or something to say that I have a pass, but not with me?
I NEED my pass! I'm going to Leicester on Saturday, and then I'm doing an overnighter on the 8th, Lincoln (hopefully) on the 9th and then Leicester with a friend on the 10th. I don't have the money! I DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY! *Panics more*

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gizmogle

Established Member
Yeah, I will. I'm gonna take it down to the Rail House myself to get it there quicker. I did work ex there (unfortunately) so I might be able to get something sorted...

Tomnick

Established Member
C'mon chaps, let's be fair - if you asked someone for advice on something, would you expect a reply like that? Advice is what's being asked for here, not jealousy.

AlexS

Established Member
Since you've got the pass, there's nothing wrong with using it - bit unfair to have a go at someone for wanting to use something that they are perfectly entitled to because of a family members job!

Craig

Established Member
I can't remember what happened when I got my photo id. I don't think I had to send my pass away, but it was a few years ago now so I could be wrong. Taking your pass down to Rail House in person sounds like a good idea though, if you're lucky they might even do it while you're there.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
My mum got a form from her work, which we filled in and sent off a few months before the old pass expired, and then sent the old pass to them when the new one arrived. Though that's how Transport for London staff travel work - it may be different for NR staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.