• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Help needed with Blackpool visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

RailwayDan

Hi everyone, hoping someone can help!

I am travelling with my girlfriend to Blackpool from Liverpool Lime Street this Sunday, but having read various threads here, I am a bit confused.

The plan at the moment is to travel to Squires Gate from Liverpool and then return from Blackpool North at about 22.00.

However, as I've seen on here that the Blackpool Stations aren't grouped, so the option of breaking the journey short at Squires Gate doesn't appear to be an option! I hope I'm wrong, and that we don't need to buy two singles for each direction.

We both have 16-25 railcards, and are looking to leave Liverpool around 15.00 for Squires Gate, returning around 22.00 from Blackpool North.

Also if anyone has any routing suggestions or better ways of doing this then above please advise!

Thanks, Dan

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Because I didn't realise the Liverpool service stopped at Kirkham & Wesham until I just checked.
Yes, and not only that but when you look at the fares, it made no sense at all to buy that combination. I've removed the posts to avoid confusion.

WestCoast

Established Member
Northern Rail staff are very sensible about this, as I've mentioned before.

Make sure you buy a return to Blackpool North or Blackpool South. They are effectively treated as unofficial 'group stations'. I reckon the reason why there is no formal grouping is due to ORCATS (with TPE on the BPN route) and for the purpose of measuring passenger numbers, particularly on the ever more popular South Fylde Line.

Blackpool South tickets are actually automatically accepted by the barriers at Blackpool North, someone has programmed them to allow it. Common sense has prevailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.