• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

help neeeded asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonic2009

Established Member
My Friend is coming to see me tonight.

Now by has bought a Anytime Return £9.45 with 16-25 railcard ticket Worcester from Birmingham (I'm meeting in Worcester) not to Ashchurch where I said for to get one to.

Now would it be cheaper for to excess his ticket? But I believe you can'exxcess Anytime Return to Worcester to the Off Peak Return for Ashchurch. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bnm

Established Member
The excess you should be charged is the difference between the price of the ticket held and the price of the cheapest ticket(s) available for immediate travel on the chosen service.

Ticket type does not have to match. So it's fine to over-distance excess an Anytime to an Off Peak.

Birmingham Stations-Worcester Stations SOR £9.45
Birmingham Stations-Ashchurch for Tewkesbury SVR £13.95

Excess should therefore be £4.50.

All prices incl. Railcard discount.

island

Veteran Member
For an excess, like this, you'll find the answer will vary by the TOC and booking clerk he asks for the excess from, as well as the time of day, the price of diesel at the nearest filling station, and the number of coaches the next train to Redditch is formed of!

Status
Not open for further replies.