• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Help, not seeing PlusBus option on eastcoast website

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainophile

Established Member
I'm in the middle of booking a ticket and for some reason it isn't giving me a PlusBus option on any of the pages where it usually appears. Ticket is Southport to Hereford on 14th Sept.

I've tried on the ATW site but as I have what must be the last ticket in my eastcoast basket I would have to buy a dearer one.

I noticed this the other day, no PlusBus, but on that occasion it didn't matter. Can't understand why sometimes it is there and sometimes not. Don't suppose I can force it can I? Will just have to ask at the station if they can sell me one separately.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trainophile

Established Member
Not that familiar with the website, but you will be able to get the PlusBus ticket at the station before travel or at your destination.

Thanks. I did that at LIV once (wanted a PlusBus ticket for Southport for a couple of days later, already had the train ticket) and it was a bit laborious explaining to the guy but I got there in the end.

I'll have to ask at Southport, as some of the Hereford counter staff seem somewhat unhelpful these days and prefer to say "no" rather than "I'll see what I can do". It's Southport I want the PlusBus for anyway.

Still puzzled as to why it wasn't offered on the booking site though.

dvboy

Established Member
I don't get the option on LM's site either.

You'd be better buying it on another website anyway:

PLUSBUS day tickets for £1.50 can only be bought with train tickets online (until 31 July
2012), from these participating websites:
• arrivatrainswales.co.uk
• crosscountrytrains.co.uk
• c2c-online.co.uk
• eastmidlandstrains.co.uk
• firstcapitalconnect.co.uk
• firstgreatwestern.co.uk
• greateranglia.co.uk
• qjump.co.uk
• scotrail.co.uk
• southwesttrains.co.uk
• thetrainline.com
• tpexpress.co.uk
• virgintrains.co.uk

Usual price is £2.50 for Southport (Merseyside)

Last edited:

trainophile

Established Member
That offer is only for travel in June and July, and this is for Sept. Besides, I have a Senior Railcard so my PlusBus ticket is £1.65, so only 15p dearer than the offer, even if it was available then.

Status
Not open for further replies.