• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Help - notice of intented prosecution letter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferret

Established Member
RRA is the Regulation of Railways Act - it covers intent to avoid payment of the fare among other things. Convictions here result in a criminal record. This is what you'll be trying to avoid by settling out of Court (hopefully).

I'd be happy to proof read, but I think you'd be better sending it to 'DaveNewcastle' or 'Yorkie' ;)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

island

Veteran Member
It's recommended that you only send letters for review to someone who has personally offered to read them though.

Ferret

Established Member
It's recommended that you only send letters for review to someone who has personally offered to read them though.

Well, I'm sure Missy can PM either or both to ask if they'd mind ;)

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Actually, I'll take this opportunity to point out that I am happy to proof read in cases where the passenger is in the right, and/or has been harshly done by, and is appealing against some wrongdoing. I've had a lot of success with that sort of letter, but this case is very different.

In cases where the passenger has actually done wrong but is fully co-operating and genuinely sorry etc, I may be in a position to help, depending on how busy I am.. but I am not in any way 'qualified' to help with those sort of cases. I'd suggest contacting a solicitor (which I most certainly am not!)

But when questions I have asked have gone unanswered, then I am not in a position to be able to help. Specifically I'd like to know when & where the ticket was bought, the price of the ticket, whether or not the ticket can be found (and if not I'd like more information as to why not), and when the next journey to Manchester was made, however the OP is under absolutely no obligation to answer these questions. But, I suggest, if these questions are not answered, that the defence/excuse of having left the ticket at home, is perhaps best not used. I also suggest finding someone else to proof read. Sorry if that sounds harsh.

Edit: I suggest the OP contacts a very good solicitor, that's all I can say on this subject.

Last edited:

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
I too have been following this thread with interest, but have not offered to assist for, perhaps, similar reasons to yorkie, in that the background information has not been clear to me. The 'missing ticket' being the crucial one.

I assist clients professionally and some on here on a voluntary basis but have to set the same standards of truthfulness and integrity for both.
I will be happy to proof-read a draft letter Missy, but I might not offer advice if we are unable to consider all the relevant factors (though I fully appreciate that someone suspected of an Offence may not wish to publish the details on an internet forum, and will be happy to receive detailled explanations in Private Messages).
When someone has lied under investigation and then shows remorse, there is a delicate line to be drawn between compounding the initial lie (Stockport) with further explanations which cannot be proven (the missing ticket) and mitigating circumstances (ill health and mother's neuro disease) which may or may not have an evidential basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.