• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Help! Photting East Wind freight train

Status
Not open for further replies.

tadleyacres

Hello!

Firstly, let me apologise for crashing into your forum with a question but I'm really in need of some help and thought the best thing would be to come straight to the enthusiasts and throw myself at your mercy.

I'm a press photographer who has been asked to get some photos of the East Wind freight train as it arrives tomorrow in the UK and wondered if anyone could possibly be kind enough to help me out.

I'm looking for a location around London, before it reaches Barking, where I can get some photos of this historic arrival. Having such a small period of time to find a good location, I'm hoping that someone here may be able to offer me some information on the best location to see freight arriving into the London area that is on the HS1 route.

As I said at the start, I'm sorry for breaching any forum rules but I'm desperate!

Many many thanks in advance,

Tad

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pitdiver

I assume that this thread refers to the train from China. As far as my employer's containers are concerned they were to be unloaded in Germany and road transported to the UK. I guess there are other containers on the train albeit they have been transferred a couple of times since leaving their point of origin.

tadleyacres

I assume that this thread refers to the train from China. As far as my employer's containers are concerned they were to be unloaded in Germany and road transported to the UK. I guess there are other containers on the train albeit they have been transferred a couple of times since leaving their point of origin.

Yes, I realise that it's all a bit symbolic, having been shuffled on and off various trains during the journey but this "re-opening" of the silk road needs an illustrative picture, hence my request. If I can get them to justify the time in my journey, I'd have opted for the Medway viaduct as that seems a clean shot and seems to be on the correct route. My editors are quite keen on London though. I have a feeling they imagine it'll be passing Big Ben with a Chinese flag on the roof! :)

Established Member
Err, it is supposed to run tonight. There might be a pseudo shunt into or just around the terminal for the press call but it'll be nothing more than that with empty wagons (or something they are posing/holding back for pr purposes anyway)

At best you'll get a shunt into Ripple Lane but I don't think there will be any visibility apart from within the press call in the yard itself. Going to Dagenham Dock before the planned "arrival" might get it parked on the exchange Sidings but I doubt you'll see much.

Status
Not open for further replies.