• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Help please! Letter received from Prosecution Unit of Abellio Greater Anglia

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
The purpose of the letter is to inform you that the Company is investigating a suspected incident, informing you that your name and address have been supplied as the person involved, that the Company has reason to suspect that an Offence may have been committed during that incident, and, among other purposes, it gives you an opportunity to provide another written Statement and to consider seeking your own legal assistance.

Many people reply to letters like that to show how they didn't intend to do anything illegal but at the same time they often admit to more than necessary, which can put them in an even worse position than they were in.

People have often made offers to settle a dispute by phone, but its unlikely to be considered before the written Statement is received - they simply don't have enough information to make an informed decision. It would also be difficult to make that phone call without making more of an admission of guilt. I don't advise making a phone call at this stage, making a written Statement is the correct thing to do at present and I will be in touch again soon about this.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

34D

Established Member
Yes it is and yes they could. You are depriving the railway of additional income.

Unless of course it is oyster PAYG (which caps at the day travelcard rate iirc) which CAN be transferred to other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.