• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Help uncoupling frame from engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sad Sprinter

Established Member
I have an old Hornby Eurostar train from 1998 and I want to take off the frame to clean out the motor a bit. What is the best way of doing this? I'm just mindful of damaging the chassis if I pull it too hard.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I have an old Hornby Eurostar train from 1998 and I want to take off the frame to clean out the motor a bit. What is the best way of doing this? I'm just mindful of damaging the chassis if I pull it too hard.
Could you post a couple of photos of it?

gazthomas

Established Member
Last edited:

Sad Sprinter

Established Member
Thanks for your replies, I've managed to get the chassis off and after extracting a load of 90s hair from the motor, the train now runs a few inches, but I'll keep testing it.

Is there anything else I can do for it? I notice the wheels look a bit worn on the motor bogie.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Thanks for your replies, I've managed to get the chassis off and after extracting a load of 90s hair from the motor, the train now runs a few inches, but I'll keep testing it.

Is there anything else I can do for it? I notice the wheels look a bit worn on the motor bogie.
You could probably do with cleaning the grime off the wheels with something. I bet they’ve got a layer of dirt on them that isn’t helping with the current draw.
Also it might be worth ordering a can of contact cleaner:

8B459873-667D-4793-8A63-332D2CB421DE.png

It’s remarkably good at pepping things up!

Status
Not open for further replies.