• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Help with National Rail app for MacBook needed please

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainophile

Established Member
Bit of a strange one - I have on my iPhone a National Rail icon that opens to offer me various options i.e. My Travel; Live Trains; Planner; More... which includes Stations, My Alerts and various other things. I use Live Trains all the time, as I can select Earlier or Later than the present time, and often get platform information too.

I must have found this in the iPhone App store, but there doesn't seem to be anything equally useful for the MacBook. The National Rail Enquiries app doesn't allow access to times prior to the present, which is not much good if I am looking for information about earlier services.

I know there is Realtime Trains, but that is not so user-friendly for some situations. e.g. I can't seem to query on trains "calling at" for a yet-to-depart service, it always defaults to the inbound rather than the outbound.

For example, I'm entering Location: Man Picc, Calling at: Hereford, but it is only showing me the South Wales origins going into MAN, so I can't see what is departing from MAN and will be calling at HFD on its way back down south.

Ideally I would like to be able to access the same app as is on my phone, which fits the bill perfectly, but there doesn't seem to be an equivalent for the Mac.

I know I can get my phone out and use that, but if it's upstairs on charge or something and I'm sat at my Mac it would be very useful to have it on there.

Can anyone help? Am I missing something obvious? Thanks for any advice.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trainophile

Established Member
Why not just use the website? Apps generally exist to format websites for smaller format devices like phones.

The first website that is reached by googling www.nationalrail.co.uk (that for some reason changes to ojp.nationalrail.co.uk on opening) doesn't allow an earlier time than the present to be searched on.

There must be something I'm doing wrong, surely there is a facility somewhere to view earlier services :s .

Status
Not open for further replies.