• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Help with the All Line Rover

Status
Not open for further replies.

hansenxd

Hey,

I hope someone can help me. I'm looking to get from the Colwyn Bay station (or a station close) no further than Chester to London before 9:30am.

Now I understand I can't go direct because of the restrictions in place by the ALR but is their a work around? Maybe changing or something?

Also if I board the train and just say I'm getting off at Crewe but then don't will I get caught?

Any help would be great :)

EDIT: Also would it be possible to get off the train at Euston and just use my Oyster to get through the barrier. Does the condition of "not valid for boarding or alighting train services" at Euston mean I just can't leave the station before 10am on the ALR or does it mean I can't physically be on a train that arrives at Euston before 10am?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CyrusWuff

Established Member
The restriction is worded as "The All Line Rover is not valid for boarding or alighting train services...before 10.00 Mondays to Fridays", thus you can't leave using the ALR.

All Line Rovers are valid for use in conjunction with another ticket by virtue of Condition 19(c) of the National Rail Conditions of Carriage, and a Single from South Hampstead to Euston is £4.90.

I'll leave it to you to work out the implications of these two facts... ;)

Last edited:

Crossover

Established Member
I'm guessing you are looking at the 04:48 from Holyhead going by the times given

You would be able to change at Nuneaton onto an LM, as the barring only applies to XC, EMT and VT and it only applies at a handful of stations (on the south WCML those being Milton Keynes Central, Watford Jn and Euston)

If caught, I guess you would be charged for a new ticket for a part of the journey

Veteran Member
I'm guessing you are looking at the 04:48 from Holyhead going by the times given

You would be able to change at Nuneaton onto an LM, as the barring only applies to XC, EMT and VT and it only applies at a handful of stations (on the south WCML those being Milton Keynes Central, Watford Jn and Euston)

That gives you 0937 into Euston, is that good enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.