• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

help with train sim free roams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi all I have tried to create free roams for the Liverpool - Manchester route and the dtg ecml route however I have failed stock wise I have default plus 180 plus 319,cl 158, and hsts can anyone assist as prefer to use free roam as lots of extra bits to explore that are not inc. In activities

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jon91

What do you mean by having failed stock wise? Are the trains you wants not showing up in the scenario editor?

I don't understand all the technical set up for it all I get is a big orange like train front in a square and the route in the background

unclefreddy

Sounds like you could use a decent tutorial, there are several out there. My personal favourite came from Marleyman.
http://www.railworks.marleyman.co.uk/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15&products_id=51
Although the description says it's for TS2013, the information is still good for TS15/16. It helps if you have London Brighton as his tutorial gives you a walkthrough creating a scenario for that route, he does several more tutorials going into more depth in creating passenger and freight scenarios. I prefer "activity" scenarios rather than free roam and will often do my own scenarios to reach those hitherto unexplored parts of a route.

If you don't have London Brighton have a read through anyhow as it may point you in the right direction to get started, although I'm sure others may suggest alternative tutorials that they prefer. I should mention that Marleymans comes as a pdf file and also includes a copy of the scenario that he walks you through creating.

Status
Not open for further replies.