• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Helsby Junction Improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some good news for Helsby. Compass railtours are to headquarter at the newly renovated station house. As well as railtours stopping at Helsby, there will be a new ticketing facility and hot and cold drinks etc available.

In addition, the old ticket office is currently being renovated with a view to leasing out.

And, of course, the Halton Curve project is creeping ahead, thanks to a lot of work behind the scenes from local MP's, councils, rail user groups and local individuals.

One further bit of news is that Quinn Glass are due to complete their rail link this year meaning more freight passing through the junction.

News of this had come from a local RUG meeting which was attended by ATW and Compass. Apparently Compass are due to move in during Easter with some events to mark the occasion, subject to works bring completed by Network Rail.

Good news for the Junction and of course anyone interested in trains.
:p

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

frodshamfella

Established Member
Thats interesting, I was riding on the Helsby to Ellesmere Port Branch yesterday, and noticed work going on at Helsby Station. I go up and down the E.Port branch fairly often, and have noticed a few more passengers of late, not many by any stretch, but at least Im not the only one on board ! Yesterday, I boarded 15.17 at Helsby, two more at Ince and one at Stanlow. Returned on 16.04 through service to Warrington BQ , about 4 or 5 got off the arriving service, me and one other (who was travelling to Warrington) boarded.

Thats interesting, I was riding on the Helsby to Ellesmere Port Branch yesterday, and noticed work going on at Helsby Station. I go up and down the E.Port branch fairly often, and have noticed a few more passengers of late, not many by any stretch, but at least Im not the only one on board ! Yesterday, I boarded 15.17 at Helsby, two more at Ince and one at Stanlow. Returned on 16.04 through service to Warrington BQ , about 4 or 5 got off the arriving service, me and one other (who was travelling to Warrington) boarded.

I used to use the service frequently to Rock Ferry back in the 80's. When NR electrified only to E Port, the service to Helsby crumbled.

According to the publicity officer of NCRUG, there is an event at Helsby to welcome Compass to their new home. There will also be railtours through the Junction so for rail fans in the locality who like diesel locos then this could be a real win.

Status
Not open for further replies.