• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

helsby station

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelander

anybody know what the workings are of the virgin trains through helsby I have noticed a few times that this service is being run and today about 14.30 and 15.00 one went towards chester and later it returned through frodsham about 18.45, checked on opentraintimes but no wiser ?????

freelander

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
anybody know what the workings are of the virgin trains through helsby I have noticed a few times that this service is being run and today about 14.30 and 15.00 one went towards chester and later it returned through frodsham about 18.45, checked on opentraintimes but no wiser ?????

freelander

WCML is shut between Crewe and Warrington, so Birmingham-Preston Voyagers are running via Chester :) (the line is shut north of Preston too, as well as via Lockerbie, so a couple of trains today have run Preston-Settle-Carlisle-Dumfries-Glasgow! I'm not sure if any ran through from Birmingham).

Status
Not open for further replies.